Eznec Help

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by W8TRN, Nov 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W8TRN

W8TRN Ham Member QRZ Page

I need help designing a wire antenna. If you can use Eznec, you are the person I am looking for. I will give the data, i.e. wire size, feed point, antenna height, etc. What I need from Eznec is feed point data, plots, etc. attempted to learn Eznec but it is beyond my pay grade.

2. KF6A

KF6A Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W8TRN

No - let the person contact me then I will provide all of the data he/she requires. I do not think posting some of the data is the way to go; let him/her mail me and we will discuss it in detail.

4. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be happy to help. I do it all the time, however, I do it in the open forum, so that others may learn.... I will upload the .ez file so you and others can play with it...
    Do you have the segment-limited free or the paid-for version of EzNec? More wire segments usually improves the fidelity of the model...

5. W8TRN

Let me try this again: I can not use Eznec - I tried and gave up so do not send me EZNEC. I can the data so some one can enter the data into the program and give me the results. So, what info do you need?? Wire size is insulated 14 solid copper, height above ground is 42 feet. That is some of the data. Let me know what else you require and I will provide it.

6. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

@W8TRN Mike,

Band? Perhaps multiband?

Center-fed Dipole or something more exotic like EFHW or OCFD?

Flat or Inverted V or some other shape? Sloper, one end lower?

Support(s)? Conductive or not? Single support in center or both ends? How far apart?

Height of feedpoint agl? Height of end(s)?

Close to what? Trees, buildings, metal fences, electric wires? (Show Google Maps bird eye view)

Wire size in AWG and if it is insulated or not. Presumably Copper? If insulated, the thickness of the insulation and what kind?

Type of feedline? Coax type? Ladder Line?

Coax routing (can it hang at right angles to the antenna conductor)?

Length of feedline for Swr loss calculation and feed-Z transformation?

Coax shield grounded per Electric Code or not? Rig grounded or not? Where/how grounded?

Balun/choke or not?

Power level?

Earth conductivity/dielectric constant?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I probably forgot something...

Complicated, isn't it? It all contributes to the quality of the model, and how the "real" antenna works.