Extreme Ham Radio hardware mods?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE7RUX, May 4, 2018.

ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Take a look at some of the Hi-Fi AM modulation mods on Boat Anchors!

2. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is your name Burt?

3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wangs disappeared!

[​IMG]

4. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I bet mine is bigger than yours

5. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Think about it, any criticism could be interpreted as "insulting" by the recipient regardless of you're intent.

As for me, I am insulted by your comment period. You insulted me personally about my hamburger and anger thread and I find your post highly offensive and triggering. I'm going to have to go color in my ARRL Winlink coloring book with many pretty beaches and sailboats to color to relax my "being offended muscle". I have sensitive glands.

6. KY5U

Invented by "Duyi Luiqi Wang" - (translation) All, six seven, Tuesday.

7. K4DJM

K4DJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Dude. Now I know you are messing with me. "Insult" has a dictionary meaning that does not work here (look it up). Perhaps you meant "offended".

"insulted me personally" -- I don't think so. I commented on actions and statements and left anything personal out of it.

I have no real quarrel with you. If you can't distinguish between a critical comment and a personal insult, then it really doesn't make sense for me to engage with you any further.

Don

8. KY5U

Apology accepted.

KK4YWN likes this.
  9. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An extreme case of shrinkage.....

KE7RUX likes this.
  10. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

If making modifications enhance the versatility of the item, then I see "why not"!

Over the decades, I have modified a fair number of pieces of amateur radio equipment, usually to correct problems or improve performance. Probably, the most invasive modification that I have made, so far, is to modify a Hallicrafters HA-2 transverter from 2-meter operation to 1.25-meter operation. That modification did require substantial changes in several circuits.

I already had an HA-6 6-meter transverter and an HA-2 2-meter transverter when I got a chance to obtain a 2nd HA-2 at a very good price. Needing something better than my receiving converter and low power transmitting converter, the HA-2 provided a very good platform for a decent 1.25-meter transverter. So, I made the modifications necessary to move the transverter from 144 MHz to 222 MHz!

Glen, K9STH

KE7RUX likes this.