For Sale Extel RTTY Teleprinter 45.45-300Bauds

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by UT5RP, Aug 14, 2019 at 7:07 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. UT5RP

UT5RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everybody!

I propose to the lovers of olden times a teleprinter (TELEX) produced by the American company "EXTEL" in 1978, such as in the picture initially only worked for 50 baud, but it was modernized according to the method sent by the vice-president of the company "Extel" Larry Hagemann K9MMA, and now telex already working at speeds from 45.45 baud to 300 baud (see the switch at the bottom of the product). This is a micro computer system with printing on roll Latin font and numbers. It works fine and even now you can turn on and go on the air.
    I accidentally rubbed it with acetone and the paint peeled off :) For a serious customer I’ll get it, which is very hard to do and upon request I will make and send other photos. There is a complete documentation of very heavy book sent by Larry K9MMA in 1984, thanks to him HUGE! Today I will sell a lover of old goodness at the proposed adequate price for such a product. The device was purchased in the United States in 1978 for $3,000 for the needs of the Black Sea Shipping Company, but there was no Russian register, it stored out of stock for 5 years and then was given to me as to radio amateur already known at that time and worked in the Radio Center of BLASCO then. Then my friend UB5FEP Alexey Evstratoff now UR0FP you can find him here on site (we both live on the same street) was upgraded(modified it) . "EXTEL" worked on RTTY until 1989 when John TG9VT gifted and brought to Europe on airplane an IBM XT8088 "FRANKLIN" with two floppies drive of 360Kbytes each. Brought to Florence to our common RTTY friend Luciano Fusari I5FLN and he has sent when to me by Air Mail, thanks to him . All was received perfectly, assembled and I was on RTTY with him + PK232 which gifted me by JA1ACB Great RTTY DXer! One word - whole World then helped me MUCH! Thanks for all and each one! All questions about purshase, payment and shipping please E-mail me at ut5rp@te.net.ua

73, de Dmitriy UT5RP

Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

W1PEP and VK3GOR like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Dmitriy - you've now listed this teleprinter a fair number of times - but you never list a price in the actual ad.

I'm not personally interested in buying - but you'd possibly have better success if you were to list a selling price other than "in 1978 for $3,000".

What is your price today, in 2019? What would be an estimated shipping weight so that anyone reading this can have an idea how much to ship a 40+ year old mechanical teleprinter to their country? As I'm sure you can imagine, the market for 70s mechanical RTTY teleprinters is probably pretty small - so any little bit of information you can place in the ad will help.

I look forward to your response,

Very best regards

Dave
    W7UUU

3. UT5RP

UT5RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Dave for the advice, I’ll be sure to write down the price in the next announcement, but there is a problem with determining the weight, the teleprinter is in the pantry and
    access to it is very difficult, I will ask one of my many children and grandchildren to get it and weigh it. In the meantime, I can write the approximate price that I would like to get for it
    about 1,000 dollars or less, who will offer how much.

73, Dmitriy

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.