ad: M2Ant-1

Extech 382260 power supply flashing voltage difference

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W8MCC, Feb 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W8MCC

W8MCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone. Does anyone here have an extech 382260 80w power supply?

Here's my problem, or at least what I think is a problem...

I’m using an Extech 382260 power supply and notice an anomaly with the screen. At voltages less than 2.0Vdc, the upper portion of the display flashes between the actual setting, and a higher voltage.

For example, at 1.9Vdc I’m showing the output voltage at the unit flashing between 1.9 and 3.4 volts. The output is still 1.9 volts and seems to be solid. The flashing is 500ms apart, a very deliberate switching between the two numbers, not as if it were sporadically flashing. When lowering the output voltage even more, <1vdc for example, the display shows a similar output, flashing between the actual output voltage and some higher one, all while the output stays at a solid 1 volt for example. Even further down, approaching 0vdc, the output shows 1.18v consistently.

The results are the same when using the remote sense pins, as well as all three power settings.

Does anyone know if this behavior is normal?

I have verified the output with three different meters, analog & digital, everything coming out of the unit seems correct. Also, I took the cover off and didn’t see anything that looked burnt/damaged/wrong.

I added two pictures to show the output related to the display, the time between pictures can be said to be about 1 second.

20190217_152505.jpg 20190217_152520.jpg