Expired licenses listing for sale items

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W5QM, Mar 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W5QM

W5QM Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a Begali Pearl key listed today in the for sale items by someone identifying with an expired license (2016-12-15.) It sends up a red flag for me but does the listing comply with the rules?

2. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

At least 4 red flags on that listing.

3. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

An expired license seems like a fairly good reason to sell a key. If that's the only reason for a flag, I thing a yellow for caution would fit better.

NE1U likes this.
  4. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

But, who is making the posting and has access to QRZ (via password etc), a court appointed executor or next of kin - or a scammer?

If a man or woman has gone to the grave, who protects their name and QRZ account?

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As long as they meet the selling rules, it's valid.

Just because their license is expired doesn't make them a crook. Plenty of crooked deals have happened with sellers with perfectly current licenses, 20-WPM Extra class to boot.

Complete non issue.

Dave
    W7UUU

NE1U and N3AB like this.
  6. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

What if the person listing the item is expired?:) I am getting close and still have a lot of stuff to get rid of.
    It happens. Keep watching. I am feeling very very tired. Getting close to seeing all my old kitties again. That would be nice.

N3AB likes this.