Expert Electronics Colibri NANO

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K9JRI, May 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K9JRI

K9JRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been trying to use my ColibriNANO on my 2014 Mac mini using the latest High Sieria updates and the latest Mac OS software for the NANO but I am having very poor results.

The NANO operates correctly but the software is VERY sensitive to any other activity on the Mac. I have one friend that is also trying his NANO on his identical 2014 Mac mini and is having the same problem. It operates correctly but is unstable, often crashing when other activities occur on the mini.

If anyone here is successfully using the NANO software on the Mac which hardware and OS version are you using.

A secondary question is..... Does stable software exist that will allow running the SDR Play on the Mac under Mac OS? I am not interested in virtual machine or Bootcamp solutions as I have an Intel NUC running Windows 10 sitting right next to the Mac mini which runs the NANO perfectly.

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI

Mac mini
    K3s
    P3+TX mon
    K-POD
    SP3
    KPA500
    KX3
    ColibriNANO

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

CubicSDR works just fine on macOS. At the SDR Play website, there is a macOS download tab with links to the driver and CubicSDR.

https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads/#tab-tab-5037-0-0-2-5037-2

K9JRI likes this.
  3. WW1ME

WW1ME Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using my ColibriNANO for a few months now, but after it crashes several times in the course of a day (or typically in the course of a few hours), I turn it off again. Is this a question of conflicts with other programs running on my desktop (which IS busy)? For what I paid for this thing, it strikes me that it ought to be more usable. Really enjoy exploring the capabilities, though, while it's working, at least.

4. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

When it crashes, do you get an OS-X system error message after exiting the program? (For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the error message.)

Perhaps it's a related issue, but I'm working with the engineers at Adobe Systems because my MacMini crashes every time I exit a program that's CPU intensive; it's happened in both High Sierra and Mojave.