ad: elecraft

Exciting Bumper New Solar Cycle

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Aug 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4BUZ

W4BUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yawn............
    I won`t waste my time listening to this click bait podcast again.

KR3DX and K5VZD like this.
  2. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What do you mean? This is one of my favorite podcasts. Every show features a good round-table discussion on a variety of topics by people who are experienced hams and come from a number of different walks in life. It is very down to earth and straight forward.

W7SJP and K4FMH like this.
  3. W4BUZ

W4BUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Have fun.

4. KB1MM

KB1MM Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL :)

5. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you seen all the other crap on here? I mean, without sounding like a donkey... Certain people are now being propped up by the "content creators", so the view count follows suit. All in the name of a few bucks. And the comments on these master-works are laughable, blind loyalty and genuine support!

Back to the sunspot argument. Maybe I'm not on the radio every day, but I've lived through the "dreadful" cycle 24 too, and operating QRP or mobile most of the time made it that much more difficult, not to mention the crappy dipole I had back at the shack... I can't recall myself complaining. It's still very easy to make FB contacts, even on 20 and 17m (my favorite bands).

I'm with you guys though. A few dark spots on the sun will certainly make things a tad easier for me, and my KX2 on the picnic table, as the summer fades... :)

AJ6KZ and KR3DX like this.
  6. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it's amazing what kind of articles make the "front page" and how much GOOD content that was submitted remains buried in the "news" or "forums" columns.

7. WA9JOQ

WA9JOQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave, I've been a ham for a long time and never tried 160m. About 3 weeks ago I discovered the growing activity there and tuned up my end fed 130' antenna and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of activity and occasional DX. Contacted hams in ZS, EI, PY and Cayman all in one night in less than an hour with the above makeshift antenna. Nice change of pace and new (for me) alternative during sunspot low point.

W7UUU and WU7X like this.
  8. NJ3T

NJ3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nah, Been there, done that. DX on 160,80, and 40 is fun but my ears can't take the static crashes anymore. I'll take openings on 10 meters any day! Besides, I can collect 10-10 numbers there. (Hi Hi) We need sunspots! I can remember back in the 80's when 10 was open all day and night. Wish we could see that again. It would really boost new interests from the guys and gals limited to 28.3 to 28.5mhz.
    My favorite bands? 17, 15, 12, and 10 meters. OK, OK, 6 meters too!
    Don't tell anyone but I've been heard all over the world with my little 100 watts on 160,80,40,30, and 20m too.

Bring on the spots! Please?

9. KI4YRX

KI4YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

10. KB4QZH

KB4QZH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Frank,
    Thanks for the awesome podcast.

I listened through one time very interesting and look forward to seeing if Scott and his team are correct in their solar prediction's.
    I will have to listen a few times to understand all he talked about though.

Thank you and love ICQ podcast one of my favorite.

Fred KB4QZH

K4FMH and AJ6KZ like this.