Excellent 40m conditions here

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB5YUZ, May 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

At 0411 5/3 band was open to Europe, the Caribbean, and Hawaii from Central Texas. Good loud sigs.

Tally ho!

YG8RQN likes this.
  2. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I couldn't quite bag S53A from AZ that night. Almost....but he couldn't quite get my callsign.

3. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

40M was open several nights ago to TO19A (Reunion Island) - he wasn't super strong - but he was hearing N.A. really well. I have worked more DX on 40 than any other band...

Randy / WB9LUR

YG8RQN and W5BIB like this.
  4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked HZ1TT on 40m CW last night. He had a good signal even through all of the lightning QRN. As a bonus, he confirmed on LoTW about 30 minutes later:D

5. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked TO19A a few minutes ago (03:17 UTC), 7.0019 MHz. His signal not stellar at my QTH, and I'm reasonably sure that my 100-watts-and-a-wire signal was not overwhelming on his end. He has great ears!:)

W5BIB likes this.
  6. W7DCM

W7DCM Ham Member QRZ Page

Over the weekend, from AZ, I was able to work Morocco, Korea, Australia and France on 40. The contest helped.

7. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The WPX CW contest loaded-up the bands !!! 20m from my QTH (SW Ala.) was open all night & @ 0900z to Japan. On Sunday (26th) I worked stations on 15m & 10m. 20m was wall-to-wall with signals from 14025 all the way up to 14110 !! I couldn't believe it ! - 20m was active all-night at my QTH & I didn't even get a chance to get down on 40m.
    I worked Europe, S. America, Caribbean, Oceania & the Far East with 15 watts into a 40m OCF dipole up about 20 ft. on 20/15/10m.

Then... @ 26/2359z DEAD SILENCE...!! (everywhere) :( At 27/0300z, I called CQ on 20m & was spotted on the RBN.net numerous times ,... but, I guess everyone was worn-out from two days of amazing activity.

It was fun hearing sooo much activity on the "Dead Bands" ;)

Thanks to all who participated in the WPX CW Contest :)

dit dit