ad: CARC-1

Exam credit?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by RONNIEVT, Feb 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2


    My licence expired in 2014, I read somewhere that I could be credited for exam elements already passed.I held a general class licence under the call sign N1TFI. Looking to get back into the hobby. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks in advance fo any help . 73
  2. KJ4VTH

    KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

    The FCC now offers partial credit for expired General, Advanced or Extra Amateur Radio licenses. A license that has expired and gone beyond the two year grace period will be canceled in the FCC system. The licensee will not automatically qualify for a new license. At a minimum, previous license holders must take the current 35-question Technician exam at a VE exam session to return to Amateur Radio. The FCC will issue a new call sign and a new license when the Technician exam is passed. Please refer to Expired License Credit section below.
  3. K7JEM

    K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

    Yes, you need to take the tech exam, and present your expired general license to the VE team and you will get credit for the general.

    Attached Files:

Share This Page