Everything you know about dipole (calculators) is wrong ...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Oct 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NU4R

NU4R Ham Member QRZ Page

Well...you better update your FCC address than because, your qrz.com address shows you living in Wnsted, CT!

W5TTP and N1YR like this.
  2. W5MBH

W5MBH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought it was pretty humorous myself - Y'all need to lighten up - News ? Well, yeah, for the uninitiated. Everybody have a fun day today.

G8KVM, K9FV and K0WJ like this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

VK6APZ likes this.
  4. WN1MB

1) It's "then"; not "than"

2) It's "Winsted"; not "Wnsted"

3) Look up the definition of "metaphorically" - then apply to "migrated"

W9WAW and K0WJ like this.
  5. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The smart phone generation can't exist without the computer, in any form. So if we have any interest in any of them caring anything about ham radio, aside from a few electronics engineering students curious about archaeology, then we better start providing information in a way they can assimilate it, and hopefully become curious about it.

VK6APZ likes this.
  6. K0WJ

K0WJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I find it interesting that an article for beginners that criticizes the accuracy of these dipole calculators would use the number 486 in the post. Beginners need accurate information not mistakes in a post - it just adds confusion.

NZ4J, KG5THG and WN1MB like this.
  7. WN1MB

Nice shot. Cheap, but nice.

Then the smart phone generation isn't so smart after all.

K0WJ likes this.
  8. W3ATT

W3ATT Ham Member QRZ Page

Onno. Thanks for posting your findings. And I'm glad you continue to do so even when these old farts get mad over silly things like people using a dipole calculator. Oh my God, how dare they. They all use computers or they wouldn't be here knocking down everyone for posting some info or findings. And so a question for the old timers... why do you use email, when you could send a letter? Why send a letter if you could drive to a business and do it face to face? Even better yet, why drive at all when you could walk? Ahhh yes... technology. It's all around us to make life easier, and who are you to blame another for using it?

K4SBZ, GM4JPZ and KC4V like this.
  9. W5DPH

W5DPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sure you hammered this post out on your typewriter, passed it along the pony express to a modern HAM with an electronic device for them to post here correct?
    Just kidding. :)

NA4RA, GM4JPZ, W3ATT and 1 other person like this.
  10. WN1MB

I use both email and the postal service. When immediacy matters, I choose email - when timeliness is of less importance, I use the postal service.

If it's a priority matter and cost effective, I do drive to a business and conduct whatever face to face.

I frequently walk to the post office and various businesses.

I'm not a Luddite, but I do find the following to be both tragic and hilarious:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    W5TTP, N1YR, KT5SB and 1 other person like this.