Even more updates on the Xiegu X6100

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Oct 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't look fully at the specs. That's a tiny little rig.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Some of them...but the main problem? It's not a very convenient set up for most of us who use the G90. Most, like me, I suspect, use it for portable/POTA operation, and having another box, cables, power requirements, etc. doesn't really fit the way we operate with the radio. Having a larger screen is nice, but the screen on the radio, small as it is, is surprisingly sharp and readable and is enough for me.

I see they've got he price of the GSOC down to just over 400. 100 lower and I might give it a shot. If they don't discontinue it first.

3. W4NNF

It's communist in name only. Just like the PRC itself...an oligarchy proudly proclaiming itself a communist country while everybody there is scrambling for PROFITS and another BMW. ;)

KO4CES likes this.
  4. W4NNF

All true. Well except for your "Zeye-goo." I asked a Mandarin speaking colleague about it and she said "sheh-gu." ;)

Well, I'll pick a nit on the manual. I thought the current G90 manual was pretty good if not perfect. Not that I've ever seen a really good manual from Icom/Yaesu/Kenwood, either.

5. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is just like the CCP leader Xi, folks in the USA [even in the news] call him Zi, yet it is pronounced "Shee"

6. W4NNF

I defer to my colleague, who's a fluent speaker and has spend many years in-country. Assuming I heard her correctly, of course. :)

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Their McDonalds and KFC serve stuff that's a bit different from here...but they're still there.

8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Coming soon to the Zed fore-uhms and YuTewb: Even more updates on the pronunciation of "Xiegu"

(brought to you by the producers of the video "Yaesu Spelling Variations")

9. KM1NDY

KM1NDY Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's not even get started on Bo Fengs (my preferred pronunciation).

Mindy

K8XG likes this.
  10. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We had a Chinese ham on here in a recent thread tell us Xiegu is "Shee Gu" as the Xie makes the eh like in "a" apple. So you Friend is correct.
    But Xi is "shee" as it is missing the e. I only used that as an example of how in the USA news you hear him called Zi, but it really is "Shee".

Art