For Sale ETO Alpha 374A Amplifier

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W3RXO, Sep 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

It is time to move up in the world. My wife has agreed that if I can sell my ETO Alpha 374A, for market value, I can get the amplifier and radio combination that I want. I just need to sell this and a few other things, first. This is the first thing to advertise.
    It works perfectly, and has ZERO modifications. 100% original, as far as I can tell, with ONE exception. I changed out the sticky paint face, with the new one offered by Alpha a few years back.
    Normal full output on each band. 160 and 10 are as you would expect, a bit lower output, but 80 through 15 meters it does an easy 1300-1400 watt output, which is about all a pair of 8874's will do, with 65 watts drive. The amplifier is capable of operating in the "Bandpass" no tune mode on 15, 20, 40 and 75/80 meters. It must be tuned on all other bands.
    When I bought it from the original owner (I am the second owner) he had lost the manual in a move, and so I purchased a replacement manual from W7FG Vintage Manuals, which I will include.
    I purchased, and will include one of Stan Clewer W6ON's very fine felt dust covers, embroidered with the Alpha logo. The unfortunate part of it is that Stan can only do the more modern Aplha logo, that is currently used, and was unable to do the ETO Alpha logo. I have had it a while, and it could use a trip to the dry cleaners. Unfortunately, I don't have a dry cleaner nearby.
    My no-haggle price is $1,250.00, FIRM, for local pick up. I will ship, by the method chosen by the buyer, and I will pack it as asked by the buyer, at the buyer's expense. I do not know what this cost will be, so, if you want it shipped, we will have to work together to get it done. I presume it will exceed $150.00 to ship. My guess, from having shipped quite a few heavy items, is that materials alone will be in the $100 range, to be packed well enough for safe transit. I will do the work asked to pack it, I am not unreasonable. I just don't want to get burned on shipping costs, and would like to be up front with the buyer, or any potential buyers, about this. I will even utilize any appropriate materials I have on hand, for packing, at no cost.
    It is currently wired for 220VAC, but can be wired for 110VAC, and the changeover is very simple.
    If anyone would like to hear it on the air, I am set up primarily for 40 meters, and we can schedule a QSO, for you to hear it in operation.
    As with all used electronics, I offer no guarantee, as it's use once it leaves my hands, is totally beyond my control.
    Please email me at w3rxo@mac.com, or reply here if interested. I have had issue with getting notification of PM's so, PM at the risk of me not seeing it in a timely manner. Price is firm, so please do not ask me "what my bottom dollar is. I would entertain some "Trade plus cash" offers, but they are extremely limited and I need the cash to buy my next amplifier.
    DSC_0758.JPG DSC_0755.JPG DSC_0759.JPG

YB8QT, K8AI, W6GH and 2 others like this.
  2. W3RXO

Still Available.

3. W6GH

W6GH Ham Member QRZ Page

Its a nice looking amplifier.
    Do you have any photos with the unit opened up so we can see the internal condition?
    TNX ES 73, Jim W6GH

4. W3RXO

Currently, No, but I can get some, this weekend.

5. W6GH

W6GH Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be great! How is the chassis? Clean?

6. W3RXO

Just FYI, I can no longer sked a QSO to hear the amp. I had a great offer to buy my antenna, and with it sold, I have nothing else in the air. I'm trying to find an old 75M rotatable dipole, made from 2 Ham Sticks, to put up, but can't find it, in the garage. But, it likely will not handle the power output of this amp.

I have not yet pulled the amp, from it's cubby hole, to get the photos, but should have that, today or tomorrow.

7. W3RXO

DSC_0815.jpg DSC_0816.jpg Here DSC_0818.jpg DSC_0817.jpg DSC_0820.jpg DSC_0821.jpg DSC_0819.jpg

KG4BFR likes this.
  8. W3RXO

I apologize for not getting them up sooner. It has been a busy week on the farm.

9. W3RXO

I found some dust, and a couple of small cobwebs, that I cleared out. Otherwise, it was very clean inside.

10. W9EBK

W9EBK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have an original Alpha transformer shipping box (crate?) leftover from when I owned a 374. I suspect the 374A has the same transformer. If you need this to ship your 374A easier please email me. It would cost a bit for me to send the transformer box to you, but shipping the chassis in one box and the transformer in another box is far better than trying to ship it assembled. 73 Don, W9EBK

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.