ER nets in around the storm area or other coms???

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB2WVO, Sep 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

was thinking.. maybe anyone in the storm area.. can post er coms or nets so on here in one place for others to find if need be..
    also maybe address's of help centers or evac centers. any helpfull info..

i would like to know them even tho iam not down there.. maybe listen in ..
    but at least folks can find info... be it hams ..

to all the folks in the storm area.. stay safe... god bless and please get the hell out of dodge... it just isnt worth it..

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep an eye on the arrl.org website. If legitimate emergency management nets stand up on AR frequencies, the League will undoubtedly document them on their front page.

N2EY and K1VSK like this.
  3. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

there as good as carfax is.... after PR ... i have no faith in gov or arrl..

this is why i asked here ... thinkin the members the front line hams. know more then ARRL will...
    but thank you for info.

AI7PM likes this.
  4. KK5JY

In this case, however, that works to your advantage.

A**L is deeply devoted to the idea of amateur radio participating in emcomm. They never miss an opportunity to play up a chance for hams to take part in a major disaster, even in a token role. In fact, their submissions to FCC and to Congress largely depend on the idea that AR == emcomm.

So if there are any legitimate communication nets involved with the hurricane, you can bet your lunch money that they will be advertised front and center at arrl.org.

In fact, they are already at it.

NK2U likes this.
  5. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What's on a WX net that's better than the up to the minute news and video on the Weather Channel?

6. KK5JY

I was trying to avoid the descent into that subject, although I personally think it's a very reasonable question. :)

7. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hurricane Watch Net
    Day: 14.325MHz
    Night: 7.268MHz

SATERN (Salvation Army Team Emergency Network)
    National: 14.265MHz
    Southern Territory: 7.262MHz

Georgia ARES Emergency Plan
    Primary Voice: 3.975MHz
    Alternate: 3.982.5MHz, 3.995MHz, 5.330.5MHz, 7.287.5MHz
    Special modes: 3.583MHz (PSK), 3.549MHz (CW)

North Carolina ARES Emergency Plan
    Primary Voice: 3.923MHz
    Alternate: 7.232MHz
    CW: 3.573MHz

South Carolina ARES Emergency Plan
    Primary Voice: 3.990MHz
    Alternate: 3.993.5MHz, 7.232MHz

W5BIB likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmm, that choice of CW frequency needs some review.

9. KK5JY

I'm looking forward to see if the FT8 folks give way to the "emcomm" net. :)

That said, I suspect that frequency choice has been on the books in emcomm plans for a very long time, and probably predates FT8 by decades, and simply hasn't been updated.

10. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Some other than Newington get it, <http://www.iaru-r3.org/17r3c/docs/030.docx>
    One excerpt in particular stands out, "The old fall back of “emergency communications” is no longer
    seen as an adequate reason so we need more relevant reasons to get any new bands, and going into
    the future, to maintain access to our existing bands." Maybe it's time for the ARES bunch to spin off into their own group?