EQSL

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by G4XLO, May 14, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G4XLO

G4XLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all - just wondered if QRZ can be integrated with EQSL?

73 Lev G4XLO

2. DUPE-PY2MSR

DUPE-PY2MSR QRZ Member QRZ Page

I would also like to know if this is possible and how.

thank you
    PY2MSR

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

eQSL has not been directly integrated. The QRZ Logbook has an ADIF file Import/Export feature; the import feature is available to all QRZ Members and the export feature is also available to Subscribers at the XML level or higher ( https://ssl.qrz.com/products/index.html ). Use an ADIF file to make interchanges.

Open your logbook; click on SETTINGS; scroll to Import/Export area.

4. N4DCT

N4DCT Ham Member QRZ Page

But would that allow us to mark all as EQSL Received/Sent for applicable QSO's?

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no direct interchange between eQSL and QRZ. Each is independent of the other and there is no reciprocity nor automatic marking.

If you have an ADIF file containing QSO records, it may be uploaded to either eQSL and/or QRZ. Then these records would be imported into either eQSL or QRZ as appropriate. Each system would then apply its own rules with respect to confirmations and awards.

VK3TNL likes this.
  6. K5EEI

K5EEI Ham Member QRZ Page

So, if you use a logging program (say HRD) that uploads to (and downloads from) both LOTW and eQSL and you have a QSO with someone who uses eQSL and they QSL via eQSL, then you get the confirmation via eQSL and it goes back into your log book as a confirmation. Assuming this is correct, is it somehow possible that a subsequent upload from your logbook (say HRD) to LOTW and a subsequent download from LOTW to QRZ that the QSO will show up in QRZ has having been confirmed?

Net, net: the part of the workflow that seems like it needs some more automated interoperability is between QRZ and eQSL, or maybe there is a new way (since this thread left off) to automate (without a manual ADIF process) updates between eQSL and QRZ?

7. W1DQ

It is possible to:
    1. Upload an ADIF file to QRZ
    2. Download from LoTW, assuming you are registered with LoTW
    3. Optionally, with XML or higher subscripton, to download an ADIF file from QRZ
    4. Optionally, with XML or higher subsctription, upload to LoTW from QRZ
    QRZ does not offer more interoperability with eQSL.

https://ssl.qrz.com/products/index.html

8. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Each online log, LOTW, EQSL, ClubLog, has to be confirmed separately. Having a QSL confirmed in LOTW does not count for EQSL, same with the reverse. And neither counts towards hard copy QSL's.

You can use the ADIF files to upload your logs, but ADIF does not contain confirmations.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Luckily though, QRZ does give us credit for confirmed contacts from L0TW which I think is awesome. What I typically do is upload to LoTW then do a download into QRZ from the 'settings' link on my QRZ logbook. This imports the data from LoTW and also gives me credit for awards here at QRZ. I have about a 50% confirmation rate on LoTW and rarely get an incoming request here on QRZ but by importing from LoTW I'm getting the best of both worlds. 73!

MI0NWA, VE3CGA, K9EI and 1 other person like this.
  10. VK4VSM

VK4VSM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a way to get Eqsl confirmations loaded onto QRZ without duplicating records?