ad: UR5CDX-1

eQSL vs LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by Guest, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone know how many people are registered users of eQSL?

I noticed that Logbook of the World only has 12,384 users and I don't think it's changed much in the past couple years. And it seems to me that ARRL hasn't gone out of their way to market it much for the past couple years either, so it would not surprise me if it were to wither and die before much longer.

I used to use eQSL also, but found the process for uploading QSOs and keeping track of QSLs to be rather cumbersome, so I cancelled my registration late last year.

But if eQSL has substantially more users than LOTW I might consider going back to eQSL and abandoning LOTW. I can't find any information on eQSL's website about number of users.

I don't care whether eQSL "counts" for ARRL awards or not.

2. K3UD

K3UD Guest

I am signed up for eQSL and will download what comes to me and confirm the contacts. When LOTW came out, it would not work on a Macintosh so I never used it. Someone came out with a kludgy Mac interface for LOTW and I never could get it to work either. As such,
    IMHO, eQSL is much better for me and works very well. I still like the traditional QSL cards though.

YMMV

George
    K3UD

3. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

If you go to http://eqsl.cc/qslcard/CountryList.cfm you will see a list of some DXCC countries and the number of users in each country. Unfortunately there is no total at the bottom of the page, so you will have to do the math yourself, but it appears to be well over the number of users on LoTW.

BTW, there are 8388 eQSL users in the USA.

Scott NØIU

4. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have decided that I will not repond to QSL requests via EITHER eQSL or LOTW. Paper QSLs are accepted by one and all and spark NO turf wars!

Dennis [​IMG]

5. KF0RT

KF0RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Man, that's not very many. Kind of makes me wonder how many of us are really active at all.

FWIW, I use both eQSL and LoTW (upload everything to both). My return rate on LoTW is about twice that of eQSL.

Prefer paper...

73, Rob

6. N3ATS

N3ATS Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a eQSL member. Never sent one, received a bunch. Prefer paper.

7. N9VO

N9VO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

According to qslvia.com you prefer eqsl!!!! [​IMG]

8. VA3JOD

VA3JOD Ham Member QRZ Page

LoTW(You have 245 QSO records
    You have 10 QSL records )

eQSL 253......returned about 126 so far

9. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Anybody know how to delete the QSL preference "eQSL.cc , but if paper card necessary, " information supplied by eqsm.cc ?? I really prefer paper and only track paper confirmations.

10. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to look into this, I have been making a bunch of DX contacts and may have something there to look at.

Hopefully they have very EXPLICIT instructions on how to use the service and download stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.