eQSL "quality" MAILED cards

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WSB, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N7WSB

N7WSB Ham Member QRZ Page

I offered to set up a qsl design/printing process for amateur radio operators a while back on here, but most people (okay just one) balked at the idea.

I can make a card that anyone can send to a offset or screen printing company that not only looks good and sharp, but is not prone to water or damage in the mail. In effect - a real postcard.

Not only that, but when they are exported to a jpeg graphic they still look reasonable.

I use indesign and its a very flexible and powerful application for designing and preparing graphics for professional - or even casual printing.

2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For WSB:

What he is talking about is for QSL cards from other stations. eQSL will print you out a card and mail it to you so that you have a "hard copy" from the station that you worked which might be accepted by various award programs. Virtually all (all of the major) awards require an actual QSL card that must be submitted with your application for the award. The award committee then looks at the QSL to make sure that it is not fake and then, if you meet the criteria, they will forward your certificate along with the return of your QSL cards.

What you are offering is artwork for QSL cards to be sent out by a particular station. That has nothing to do with receiving QSL cards via the Internet and that is what RG is concerned with, receiving QSL cards electronically.

Glen, K9STH

3. NG5E

NG5E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you written eQSL?  I would think this would be taken very seriously.  It should. Don't give up so quick, eQSL is new and still going through the learning curve.

Dave, NG5E

4. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ng5e @ Oct. 27 2002,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have you written eQSL?  I would think this would be taken very seriously.  It should.  Don't give up so quick, eQSL is new and still going through the learning curve.

Dave, NG5E[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Apparently it's easier to complain about it rather than giving eQSL a fair chance to resolve the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.