eQSL.cc

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KD7ZD, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KD7ZD

KD7ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

I've always figured QSLing was a pain.  I can understand why they are wanted and in the early days I wanted them too.  I find, however, using eQSL is easy but a lot of folks aren't using it yet.

If you are one of those not using it is it that you're not aware if the service or are there other reasons for not using it?

www.eqsl.cc

Phil
    KD7ZD

2. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

I use eQSL.

With the exception of the Geratol group (a WAS net designed for Extra Class operators), confirmations on eQSL are good only for eQSL awards. You can not use it for the "real" WAS or DXCC awards that are issued by THE national association for amateur radio.

3. WZ4I

WZ4I Guest

I use eQSL, LOTW, and paper cards. LOTW can be a pain in the a$$ to get setup. After that, it's fairly easy to use.

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

OH BOY!!  Here we go again.  Could we at least include a code/nocode segment in this post to save some posting time.

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

So what? [​IMG]

Since I don't chase paper, this is a non-issue for me.

Besides, I don't need affirmation from some national organization that (at least to me) seems to be unable to keep its head out of its butt. [​IMG]

6. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

If you bother to keep a log in the first place. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I forgot, yes I do use eQSL. [​IMG]

9. AD5QB

AD5QB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I use eQSL even though I don't consider QSL'ing a pain, enjoy finding cards in the mailbox. I also use LoTW and send out hard cards to anyone who wants one. I don't chase awards, so it doesn't matter to me if eQSL is recognized for any of the major ones or not. It's easy to do and saves a bunch in postage, although I have to agree with the comment about LoTW being a pain to get started with. I use N3FJP's ACLog, so once everything is set up, uploading just involves a few mouse clicks.

Just figured it out the other day, I have a 29% QSL rate on LoTW and 50% on eQSL after using both for about 2 years now.

10. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

First let me say that I am an enthusiastic user of CW and rarely on phone modes unless mobile, Not interested in Digital modes that require hardware and software, But I do use E-qsl! How odd....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.