ad: cq2k-1

Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. AF4CQ

AF4CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That the episode where Kirk has the giant rock, ah, ding dong in his hands.

WG7X and W7UUU like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

:p Yep - that's the one! That could NOT have been an accident.... someone in the props department did that on purpose!!

And no way Shatner couldn't have known either.... funny stuff :)

Dave
    W7UUU

AF4CQ and WG7X like this.
  3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Once upon a time, when I lived in Los Angeles, my college geology class took a field trip to the location where that fight scene was filmed. It's right outside of Barstow, CA. If you live in LA for any time, you will keep stumbling over stuff like that. Meet some "celebrities" at times also...

Not worth staying there for that tho... :rolleyes:

KA4DPO and W9RLG like this.
  4. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes red does mean STOP....but not to the operator....to the people approaching the operating position.

I had the same question for indicator lights for power plant equipment when fresh out of school. When a valve was open or pump was running the red light cautioned the folks approaching....at least that's how the plant manager explained it. Most utility plant's used that convention. Every now and then you would find an exception to the convention.

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yesterday we got the 10' Post-WWII era US Navy workbench installed in the new room... this bench has been following me for the last 25 years and has served me well. It wouldn't fit the old room well, so was in the barn the last 3 years since we moved. Now it gets to rejoin the radio room and I couldn't be happier!

Also picked up the two new "slim jim" recliners and got them in the room. They won't see too much use but a few nights a month for "movie night"

Cabinets over the bench should come today....

Dave
    W7UUU

bench1.jpg
    bench4.jpg
    bench3.jpg

KA4DPO, W1TRY, N0VFJ and 6 others like this.
  6. KD2UHD

KD2UHD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

looks great :)

W7UUU likes this.
  7. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah really coming along!

W7UUU likes this.
  8. KG5UN

KG5UN Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! That bench is a real gem!
    Very nice.

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Dang it! That is a great looking bench! I want one just like it... if only I had the room *sigh*...

W7UUU likes this.
  10. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

DAVID,

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WID THE ZEDDERS......

BEAUTIFUL...........BRAVO...........

73 ES HAVE A FUN FILLED WEEKEND

W7UUU likes this.