Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

THANK YOU DAVE FOR KEEPING US POSTED.

LOOK SUPER.

MEETS OR EXCEEDS MIL SPECS.

73- K1LKP

W7UUU likes this.
  3. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Many years ago when my Son was about 12 years old we went out with many others as church volunteers to help muck out flooded homes. I live in Southeastern Texas so becoming good at mucking out flooded homes after hurricanes is a useful skill. Part of the clean out ritual is pulling out all the wet drywall. My Son and other young men who were helping all thought it was fun to tear walls down using sledge hammers and crow bars.

Several weeks later after the home we helped with was clean and dry we were part of the work crew sent out to install new drywall. Suffice to say that the kids in the group including my Son did not find installing drywall much fun at all. Luckily we had several Dads in the group that knew what we were doing and the reinstall actually went pretty well. When my Son graduated from college and was writing his resume I told him to make sure he added drywall installer as one of his skills. He didn’t think it was nearly as funny as I did.

WE4B, KD2UHD, N1VAU and 2 others like this.
  4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

"...All we need is nothing more, than windows and a door, and a roof that will keep out the rain..." (old, OLD song. Dave probably remembers it.:rolleyes:) Maybe so, but the walls keep out the snow!:p

5. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave, you should have a special Zeders operating event when your shack is back on the air.

W9JEF, WA9SVD and N2EY like this.
  6. N9SOX

N9SOX Ham Member QRZ Page

"Shack back on the air" Special Event. Coming along nicely, man the Wires I could put in those Trees!

N1VAU likes this.
  7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Around here the French Canadians invade Northern New England with contractors every spring to fall. IMO the best sheet rockers Ive ever seen.

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Call HAS to be W7U. If Dave goes along with it, of course.

N2EY likes this.
  9. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WAUUU - Worked All (W7)UUU - What ever bands and modes he has up and running. :D

Regards,
    -Bruce

KA2CZU and N1VAU like this.
  10. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

K7P
    P for phoenix.
    See post 732