ad: vanity

Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. M0IND

M0IND Ham Member QRZ Page

Why the need for walls? :p

2. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course there's a need for a bedroom and kitchen, where else do you expect the cat to eat and sleep?

WA9SVD likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Paint is done!!! Inside and out!!

Next up is flooring then electrical trim... but then final electrical inspection which will take AGES to happen :(

But still - nice to see a cohesive look at last!

Dave
    W7UUU

paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

N0VFJ, K9DWB, K1LKP and 11 others like this.
  4. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, home sweet home.:)

N0TZU and W7UUU like this.
  5. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

My feelings are hurt (almost). I thought you were going to use my pink paint.

Only kidding, Dave. Kudos to the excellent progress.

73, John N3AB

W7UUU likes this.
  6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Got an antenna or two?:confused::rolleyes: (At least, THEY survived!)
    I know, jealousy will get us nowhere.:( Glad you are able to recover so quickly, and it looks like a real "dream" setup. Hope you can get back on the air soon.:D

ADDED: BTW, what antennas are up there?

W7UUU likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Good morning Larry!

On the 65' tower is a Mosley TA-33MW (3-elements on 10-15-20 and dipole on 12-17) and above that 6 elements 20' boom 6m Cushcraft. The roof tower has my old 6m 5-element beam, 9-element m2 2m beam on the bottom (horizontal for CW/SSB) and a Diamond 2m beam on top for FM repeaters).

The "big tower" went live only about 3 weeks before the fire!! It was only ever rotated maybe 20 times before it all shut down. But I've since acquired a new controller (old one died of course) and thankfully, no bad mojo "went up the wire" to ruin the motor (thank goodness!) - it turns just as it should. The roof tower took no damage at all either, other than its controller also burning up in the fire.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. W7UUU

9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Dave.
    Wow. All I can say is WOW! :rolleyes: (I can't even DREAM:( of such a set up. Glad you can actually DO it!:D)

W7UUU likes this.
  10. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I take it insurance paid out without problem?
    Man you lucky.