Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

You can’t do that, Steve.

Florida is already close to overrun with other NJ expats. We need to diversify.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You know you're at the end of your game when you move away to be close to the kids. :rolleyes:

KA4DPO and W4IOA like this.
  3. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh dang! We just did that!

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you sure about that? Makes it sound unpleasant.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What if the kids move again? And again? Younger folks are much more mobile than in the past.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Be sure to remind her that the location ALSO must allow towers...:rolleyes: (I can't even imagine the alternative.)

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, she's on top of that and understands how to research CC&Rs and non-HOA areas.

Actually, my sister-in-law has a nice home there on 1 acre with no deed restrictions and no HOA; it was built in the mid-80s and is on a cul-de-sac with only a few other houses. That neighborhood would work out pretty well. They're far enough inland to avoid a hurricane storm surge, but they have been slammed a few times by hurricane winds which blew their fencing over and stuff.

KA4DPO likes this.
  8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

So, you're trading earthquakes for hurricane winds? :confused: I guess with the winds, you get at least SOME warning; earthquakes, not so much.:( What will be the best band to work So. Cal to FL?

9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We've seen that happen to folks in our old neighborhood. Moved here from Nevada to be close to Kids and Grandkids. Three years later they followed the Kds and Grandkids to NM. My wife and I do not wish join that merry go round.

KP4SX likes this.
  10. N7AHE

N7AHE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We are homebodies. Moved into our house in 1974, still here. Both daughters are grown with families. One lives directly across the street, the other 5 miles away.