Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Those are also very useful even after you get the labeling done. There are always outlets that don’t fit neatly into the label scheme and the finder is helpful. I’ve also employed a screw-in outlet to use with the transmitter to find breakers for lighting circuits.

2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have many fixtures left here that take a screw in bulb, but you're probably right. I should get one of those to go with it.

Thanks for the tip!

N0TZU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So I have the luxury of 100% of all the electrical stuff in the new garage comes off the new dedicated garage/shop/shack panel so I will will be able to label EVERYTHING in "plain English" at every plate, outlet, switch, and device - once "all the dust settles" and things are all back on and trimmed :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KG7HZT, KA4DPO, WA9SVD and 1 other person like this.
  4. N7VGO

N7VGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought that was true, but reading a cod breakdown, if the hole is drilled in the center of the stud with 1 1/4 of wood no nail plate is needed. I too saw this as soon as I saw the pictures, and then Dave said it was approved I had to check it out.
    I've worked many years as an industrial electronic tech, they have sent use to code classes every two years, but I did not get the licensee since I worked under the company;s licensees.
    But I was interested that there looks like there is an insert in the conduit holes.

Julien "Val"
    N7VGO

5. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

What's worse?:confused: Individuals not being able to read:( (which is probably only a few, in reality) OR those that simple REFUSE to read?:confused: (Probably 99.44%:mad:)

6. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

What’s worse?

Those who refuse. Those unable don’t have a choice.

WA9SVD likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ugh.... the waiting game continues!!

Contractor got the new window headers in place, and all the new anchors as requested by the inspector but now we're just in a forever waiting game for the inspector to come back.

The HVAC guys were out and got the rough-in for the Mitsubishi Mini-Split unit installed (to the left of the center window) but nothing more they can do now until the walls are done.

Today I swept up and went through all the myriad of low voltage cables in their respective mud rings and made sure all was well.... found a couple 1/2" rings in the lid that should have been 5/8" so changed those out. Layed out the location for the ceiling hatch and marked it for the builders, after moving some low voltage wiring that might be in the way.

In other words, lots of "make work"

Hoping this week the inspector will call the builder and get out here to sign off for final cover...

Can't wait for sheet rock to start :)

Dave
    W7UUU

shack1.jpg

KD2ACO, KA2CZU, N0TZU and 3 others like this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks fantastic so far!

I'm envious.

We may move in about 3 years and my daughter in FL is already looking at places for us; my need list includes either a very big garage or a detached garage which will likely be my next hamshack. I liked being "away from the rest of the house" twice before and kinda look forward to that again.

What you've done looks amazing.

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the update, Dave. You're going to have a comfortable and impressive TV room for Anne when it's all done. Here's the radio going to go? :eek:

N1VAU likes this.
  10. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Can't wait for sheet rock to start.

DAVE, MAKE SURE THAT THE SHEET ROCK CONTRACTOR
    AGREES TO PUT UP LOTS OF PLASTIC SHEATING SO THAT
    THE REST OF YOUR HOUSE DOES NOT GET POLLUTED
    BY ALL THE SHEETROCK ACTIVITY.

Bob_NEW MEASURE TWICE.jpg

CONGRATS.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021