Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

So very sorry for your tragic loss of some great vintage gear. It's quite sad to see things in this state now. But Insurance companies and fire restoration/rebuilding can happen quickly. Once you have a brand new space to recreate your dream station, things will start looking up. Looking forward to your return in time for the next Salmon Run.

2. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awful and shocking but then when you look at it with a different perspective and as was mentioned, it's stuff, not flesh and blood, it's not terminal you will go on.

Can't wait to see the AFTER pictures a year or so from now.

3. KE9EX

KE9EX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I feel immensely sorry for your terrible loss. I know you had worked so hard on all the Heathkits
    for the K1T project. Please take it easy and know that things will be better soon.
    Thanks for all you do for QRZ.

4. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

A nightmare of many a ham! Good luck with your insurance.

5. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, insurance will replace the modern stuff, but I see stuff like that Zenith tombstone that simply can't be replaced with any payout. Heathkits are also getting rarer all the time. On the positive side, it looks like the fire was contained to the garage, and hopefully the living areas of the house are more or less intact. And of course you and the XYL are alive and safe, and that's what counts. So sad.

6. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad for the loss, Happy you are safe.

7. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! Over the years it has happened to several close friends. We have seen just how stressful and long the recovery is. Taking part, or just watching the cleanup is extremely painful.

I'm so sorry to hear about the disaster.

8. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know from your prior posts of all the work that went into creating the shack/man cave that is now gone. Very, very sorry for your loss but very glad neither you nor your wife was injured. Hopefully the house itself was unharmed. Hang in there and if you need anything there are hundreds if not thousands here on the Zed willing to help

PU2OZT likes this.
  9. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So sorry to hear about this! Glad everyone is safe. Look forward to your comeback.

10. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Glad you and the family are safe Dave
    very sorry- what a great loss...
    stay safe, It can only get better ..I
    hope for all.

Paul K8PG