Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Stay the course, my friend, stay the course. :)

Regards,
    -Bruce

W7UUU and WZ7U like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the pat on the back, Bruce. SO DAUNTING but that is where the reimbursement is. Bin after bin after bin - if we don't claim it, photo it, value it, and then let them depreciate it, we won't get ANYTHING for it. So we'll be working the claim honestly and diligently but for months to come - it's just SO MUCH STUFF.

But the "new world" for me will be simplicity. No more "mountain of radios and parts".

As Gordon Ramsay might say, "simple wholesome ingredients" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

US7IGN and KU4X like this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like FEMA. :eek:

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Oh, I'm sure that's FAR WORSE and you've been through your own wringers ... and I don't envy you.

At least our insurance is consistent, reasonably fair, and reasonably fast. I really have no complaints - other than I wish it all had NEVER HAPPENED

Dave
    W7UUU

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

WHAT!!!
    No Port Orchard Radio Museum? :eek:

wth? :(

6. W7UUU

And I'm even at the "Crest" of a hill!! But no - there will not be a Port Orchard (Burley to be more accurate) "Radio Museum".... even though I was getting close :D:D

All referenced jesting aside, nothing but good thoughts and well-wishes to our good friend Pat @WA6MHZ... may his recovery be soon and thorough and I know he'd get a giggle out of this post once he's back on his feet.

Dave
    W7UUU

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can still watch the ferry dock and depart. ;)

Regards,
    -Bruce

8. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing your renderings and for keeping us updated on the progress, Dave.
    I'm astonished by your continued upbeat attitude and the amount of work you've done so far.
    Please make sure that Anne gets a top of the line recliner!

WJ4U, WZ7U, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  9. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That was a nice model. Didn't that model have the Dino V8 in it?

10. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No kidding.