Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Roger. Its just that I counted 8 ft between the shelves in the drawings you posted for comment. I guess they could be made smaller.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Found this in the muck this afternoon! That's Sophia in the "old garage" LOL!

SO GLAD she wasn't here. That would have been a tragedy that insurance just could not make whole

Dave
    W7UUU

sophia.jpg

N7ANN, KA4DPO and WZ7U like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

You can't just "adjust" the garage a couple feet wider at the expense of the carporty looking area? I figure if you're starting fresh, why not adjust some measurements to reflect the new "realities"?

Asking for a friend ;) :D

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Tell your friend that insurance policy limits won't allow for major structural changes like moving existing repairable walls, slab, power panels, etc. a couple feet outward :D:D

But he's welcome to stop by - cold beer on me :)

We got DAMN LUCKY!!!! We neglected to up our "outbuilding" coverage when we moved - we have "just enough" with some safety margin to rebuild the interior, sheating, roof, etc. - not anywhere near enough to move exterior supporting walls that survived the fire.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

He said "huh, bummer". Time for a skinny car.

6. W7UUU

Well, Q isn't really "fat" at just over 6' ... should fit just fine without moving the outside wall.

But do tell your friend next time he's in the greater Tacoma area, cold brewskies on me :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and WZ7U like this.
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the "Aroma of Tacoma" still a thing? :D

8. W7UUU

No more than the "Aroma of Scranton" or the "Aroma of Pittsburg" or the "Aroma of Detroit" or the "Aroma of Houston" - all cities that have pulp mills. There are a THOUSAND pulp mills in this country.

But only because "Aroma" rhymes with "Tacoma" did the insult stick.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and WZ7U like this.
  9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

You've driven past Wauna, right? :eek:

But yes, rhyming always wins the day. :cool:

10. W7UUU

Anyway, back to the "aroma already in progress".... my GARAGE!!! I will be SO GLAD once the demo is done and we don't smell that horrid odor every time we go out the front door.

Made HUGE progress today ... the garage is ready for the contractor!!!

MONTHS of claim forms ahead of me but that's the way it works and I have no choice...

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.