Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For 9 years - a beautiful 1986 328 GTS I called Sophia :) During my last shack remodel, she was actually on display in a major car museum (The Lemay, Tacoma) in the "Ferrari in America" exhibit. They didn't have my model to show, and I needed 3 months safe storage so it was a win win :) Sold it a few years ago in preparation to "move out to the country" where it just wouldn't have made sense.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN and KA4DPO like this.
  2. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

I think Dave drives a Smart car. It will fit.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Ha! No, it's a beast of a sedan: 2019 Infiniti Q70 4-door - 16' 3" long, 6' 1" wide

We'll have less than 1 foot clearance on each side unless I pull in the mirrors (they're on a switch so easy to do)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like my carport! Must have been built for a VW or Renault Dauphine!

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nominal garage size is 10x20'. But they vary from 9 to 12' wide, and 17 to 24' deep in the homes we looked at.

6. W7UUU

My door is standard 8 feet 2 inches and the room is 24' 8" deep with the bay 11' wide... pretty standard.

It's just a BIG car

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My carport is 8ft wide. I wonder if the guy that built it actually owned a car? :rolleyes:
    Dave is showing 8ft once the shelves are installed. That won't fly. Trust me. My vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner (66.5" width-less than Dave's car) and if I gain any weight I won't be able to get out of it!

WZ7U likes this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to laugh at the new townhome ads that state "oversize garage" that I guarantee no truck will ever fit in!

We're used to thinking 10x20 for single, 20x20 for double, but it is highly variable in this market.

9. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

My garage before my divorce gar103.jpg
    My garage after my divorce now.png
    Mike N3PM

N3RYB, KA4DPO, W7UUU and 2 others like this.
  10. W7UUU

No - 8 feet is the width of the garage door rails.

The "bay" is 11 feet 6 inches - the car is only 6 feet wide

Shelves are just a "concept playing in the software" and we'll work out whatever work best once the construction is done.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.