Entire shack/shop/man cave lost to fire tonight

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Oct 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave and I already exchanged emails, but just for the record: it totally sucks major bilge water... Can't really add anything to that...

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Terrible thing to happen to someone who's done so much for ham radio. Take care, my friend.

K7JOE likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Pictures trickling in from our cell phones. Primary internet was in the shack - so this is secondary and a lot slower

Dave
    W7UUU

fire-6.jpg fire-5.jpg fire-4.jpg fire-3.jpg fire-2.jpg fire-1.jpg

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm not allowed to touch ANYTHING until after the official investigation tomorrow. So all the water in any rigs not damaged by fire and smoke cannot be touched. They let me pick up things on the floor - keys, crystals, tubes... but I wasn't allowed to move or alter ANYTHING.

I'm sure that's all for the best and I support it.

What absolutely awful night.

I will not likely be back on HF until probably this time next year :(

Dave
    W7UUU

5. W0FS

W0FS Ham Member QRZ Page

Most of us could not fathom going through that. May you get through the aftermath and back on the air soon.
    Clay W0FS

PU2OZT likes this.
  6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy Cow...

7. VK2WP

VK2WP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Again I feel for your loss, nearly wept at the sight of those photos.

PU2OZT likes this.
  8. KE0VT

KE0VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Fire can be quick. I am so sorry for your loss. Living in Colorado where there have been fires for several months now and one friend and his family lost everything except the dogs. They had 10 minutes with 60 mph
    winds to get out. Close call. Another lost his cabin in the mountains. We will all look forward to your return here and on the air. Maybe I'll be fortunate to work you then.

Dick
    KE0VT

9. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Holy crap Dave!

Damn I just don't know what to say, and it's certainly not all about ham radio if you lost that much overall to.

Ugh. Man - and you had Da Bomb of working radio collections. :(

So sorry to read this!

10. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

What a disaster, at least you and you wife are ok, but gut wrenching all the same.

K7JOE and PU2OZT like this.