ad: ProAudio-1

EMR, EMF, What to do Now?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6CAW, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA6CAW

WA6CAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if your emf levels are low, and you have run out of grid leak patches, here is some interesting reading on what RF , and power substations can do to you!

Headaches, make your baby into a girl, cause your hair to fall out, blood clots in your legs, in-grown toenails, warts on your nose, hair in your ears, weak in  the legs,......................

You name it, it's probably from your dadgummed radio!!

Oh well, I told my wife to put on her blinders, if my glowing in the dark bothered her at night.

Now, how do I turn off the 10KV to my rig.............

WA6CAW

read on, and enjoy...........

http://www.wave-guide.org/archives/waveguide_3/register.html

http://www.emrnetwork.org/

2. KE7VE

KE7VE Banned QRZ Page

My wife once asked me about all that electromagnetic radiation we might be getting from my radios.

I suggested we do a small experiment. First that night we would spend 4 hours on the air operating Am, at 1500 watts PEP, and see if we noticed anything. The next day we would go outside, take all our clothes off and stand in the sun for 4 hours. Based on our bodies responses we would then determine which gave us more exposure to electromagnetic radiation.

Since I run 8 sixty watt light bulbs in the shack( it's 12x24) we probably got more electromagnetic radiation from them than the radio...and at a much higher frequency so its more dangerous.

Never heard about this topic again from her.

Btw the person probably glowing in the dark will be the one in front of a crt all the time, be it tv or computer

&3 Marty K7RKR

3. N7CPC

N7CPC Ham Member QRZ Page

It is all due to the inconsiderate radiation of the evil SECOND HAND RF! Proven in many DNC approved labs to induce holes in sponges, turn frogs green and make old hams hard of hearing. Extream caution should be exercised at all times.

4. W5ATX

W5ATX Guest

Ya know, while I agree there are some unanswered questions, I think it's overblown. How many of us have been playing with RF since forever, and still no negative effects? I mean . . I've been a ham 28 years and I'm not screwed up. (Then again, they say the nuts don't know they're nuts, so . . . )

Seriously though, I glanced at that wave-guide.org site, and a lot of those posts have convinced me that Darwin was wrong. Survival of the fittest is not a valid theory when the human race is factored in. One guy is blaming "radiation" for his family's problems, and he proceeds to describe getting a shock from the metal kitchen counter and dryer cabinet. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bad house ground anyone?

Can you say DOOOOOOOOOFUS?????

Where's my cell phone? I need to call someone about this.

Chris

5. N5LRZ

N5LRZ Banned QRZ Page

The good amateur folks who have come and gone before us were exposed to much more in the line of RF Fields. Exposture to open high power RF Amplification Tubes was not uncommon.

Let the records so state that no ham ever was found slumped over his mike dead due to RF Exposure. French Fried brain due to RF was never the cause of death.

R Arceneaux
    N5LRZ

6. KE7VE

KE7VE Banned QRZ Page

The anti RF crowd doesn't like to talk about this, but human beings are actually putting out infrared electromagnetic radiation. Just like radio waves it isn't visible being just below red in the visible electromagnetic spectrum. It's where the expression "I'm hot" comes from. Be advised that if the xyl says this to you and you move in closer you WILL be subjected to intense electromagnetic radiation.

Unbelieveable as it sounds, these same anti RF people fill their houses with infrared electromagnetic radiation during the cold winter months using special devices which I believe are called "furnaces". These idiots actually believe this is safe, and claim it keeps them warm.

The world sure is a strange place.

73, Marty K7RKR

7. KE7VE

KE7VE Banned QRZ Page

I forgot to mention the average "furnace" probably puts out about 150,000 BTU.

B.T.U. n : a unit of energy equal to the work done by a power of 1000 watts operating for one hour

That "furnace" is the same as having a 150,000,000 watt transmitter in your basement, Can you believe these fools. If you have one of these things get rid of it.

No one can survive that much radiation for more than, maybe 70 or 80 years. Hey, and what's the average life span? In the Old Testement it says some people lived to be 800. Bet not a one of them had a furnace.

73 Marty K7RKR

8. N7CPC

I can live with the cold......Tell me how to convert that furnace to an RF amp!!!

9. WA6CAW

WA6CAW Ham Member QRZ Page

I think most of us have not investigated the news of the “weird” enough.

I for one have gone into the manufacturing of various products that can be made at home from the ordinary ingredients available to anyone. For instance:

1.) The death ray. Tesla developed this and is easily converted to home use with the mixing of a few different items. Peanut butter is an amazing product. It is referred to in government documents during the cold war. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv....dx.html  Also referred to as P_NUTS project.
    2.) Another product that I have developed and sold to the Russians, China, Iran, Iraq, and some other 3rd world countries, is the highly touted computer virus. It takes severe courage, and fortitude to develop a virus that I have for sale. It is called the “earthworm”, and has the capability of literally eating holes through your hard drive after it is downloaded. If left to it’s ultimate destruction, it will render your hard drive totally useless, and eventually, it will fall out of the cpu onto the floor. After this happens, an automated phone call is generated, soliciting a sale of a new hard drive for half the price of a new one. You must send in your defunct drive, and a new one will be shipped to you. In reality, the new one is another defunct one that has been altered to allow new viruses to be received totally undetected. The ultimate goal is to have a huge population of violated hard drives that will continuously generate viruses without the aid of a person. Eventually, the entire world will have gone berserk with viruses, and the demise of the computer as we know it, is inevitable. Sales of abacus devices slide rules, and calculators will mushroom, and since I have a corner on that market, I will profit monetarily over a long period of time.
    3.) Other products under development:

a.) Mechanical smoke rings
    b.) Ghost detectors
    c.) A sound camera
    d.) Photographing psychic powers in action

But there are others that have preceded me…..look at this link:
    http://www.amasci.com/weird/const.html
    Some nice do-it-yourself projects, eh?

I thoroughly enjoy the http://www.waveguide.org
    And the person that was wondering if the satellite dish that the neighbor installed was  in any way going to present a radiation hazard to him. Like TV antennas are a hazard to your health.

It’s Friday, but not April fools ……………

WA6CAW

10. N7CPC

Truth is stranger than fiction. I was once "turned in" because my new receiver was interfering with TV receiption some three blocks away. Darwin never considered Human compassion for those born without a brain in any of his theories.

73 de Craig..........N7CPC [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.