ad: Flexradio-1

EMERGENCY HUMANITARIAN DEPLOYMENT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK2BVS, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. VK2BVS

VK2BVS Ham Member QRZ Page

3 graduates from the Amateur Radio Training School of the Solomon Islands (ARTSSI): Ms Margaret H44MKA, Willie H44WSB and Foster H44SF and an official of the National Disaster Council of the Solomon Islands have gone on a ship with 19 tons of rice for the flood affected area on Malaita Island located near Guadalcanal Island.  

These new Hams will operate a radio at the Red Cross clinic on South Malaita island to report on the distribution to the National Disaster Council HQ in Honiara the Capital of Solomon Islands.

This is the first humanitarian deployment of the school's first graduates.

It will provide the Solomon Islands ham students and other ham graduates at the school their first real experience about how you can help people with your radio knowledge.

My Webpage

2. N6AJR

N6AJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congradulations and good luck on your endevor. I hope all works out well for the new grads. Its nice to see folks helping, each in our own way keep up the great work... tom N6AJR

3. K6GAO/SK2023

K6GAO/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP! HOPE ALL GOES WELL. We WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU ON THE AIR FROM SOUTH MALAITA. GOD SPEED. Bayard K6GAO [​IMG]

4. KG4NTX

KG4NTX QRZ Member

This should be an example to all hams, around the world.
    I truly believe this is what the Amature Mission Statement
    should state,if there was one. That ham operators should
    humble themselves to help others. Thanks for setting an
    example. God will bless those that help others.

GOD BLESS,
    AG4VT Donnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.