ad: ProAudio-1

Emergency Exercise with some Teeth

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ4U, Oct 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

If someone has some actual links that do a ham radio tie-in to this PSA, kindly list. I am interested. Sounds like a good opportunity, if in fact it was exploited.

Chip W1YW

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost ALL folks considering EC from these kind of announcements will NOT be thinking about ham radio. FRS, maybe. CB, maybe. IF at all.

Do we have follow-thru links that can acquint folks to ham radio in this context? How would they know to look for them?

For example, a link to the ARRL, or the ARRL putting the PSA on their web site as a tie-in, may be helpful. There's an opportunity here, but the average person will not be connecting the dots, because not enough info is readily apparent.

Chip W1YW

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Amusing as it is, neither the PSA NOR the READY.GOV link mention amateur radio in any way. Note in particular the 'resources' link on READY.GOV has no clear ham radio tie-in.

What a shame--an opportunity missed.

4. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

We get it, Chip....

K6MTS and W1YW like this.
  5. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Never mind. Already discussed...

6. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't forget that they update the courses. You can go back and refresh your memory on them. Like IC-100. It has gone from IC-100 to IC-100A, IC-100B, and IC-100C.

K2NCC likes this.
  7. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

ITS YOU YOUNG NEWCOMERS talkin here about imaginary MONSTERS ! Back when I was just a mere Cub Scout in 1936 I heard tell of some real TROLLS , except back in those days it was all REAL ! NOW ITS A PACK OF LIES !!!
    bAC K WHEN MR HARRY TRUMAN ran the government we did not have any SISSY stuff like ready.gov , we was born ready !!!

I would give you many "links" to the relevancy of various imaginary creatures to the ART of Low Power CW OPerating but I fear it would warp the mind that God has in his mercy allowed for you to have left !!!!

AA4MB likes this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Uhhh.

Hold on there pardner:)

All is calm in the barn tonight:)

AA4MB likes this.
  9. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe You should see the sign of the times! Its LaTe.