ad: MyersEng-1

Emergency Exercise with some Teeth

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ4U, Oct 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

FEMA’s Ready Campaign and the Ad Council joined with Sony Pictures on their upcoming film “Zombieland: Double Tap” to promote the critical message of emergency preparedness.

A decade after the first film, “Zombieland,” the lead cast and original writers and director have reunited for “Zombieland: Double Tap.” As part of the sequel’s release, Sony Pictures developed a public service announcement with original film footage for the Ready Campaign. The PSA will air before the film in movie theaters across the country.

[​IMG]

The PSA and promotional posters feature Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin, Emma Stone and other cast members describing what families should do now to prepare for disasters with the theme, “Zombies don’t plan ahead. You can. Make your emergency plan.”

As part of the promotion, the @Ready Twitter and the Ready Facebook page will be using the PSA to encourage the public to get prepared for emergencies.

The new PSA is an extension of FEMA's Ready campaign, which has helped to generate more than 100 million unique visitors to the campaign’s website, Ready.gov, since its launch in 2003. Through the Ad Council, to date, the Ready campaign has received more than $1.6 billion in donated media.

KA2IRQ and (deleted member) like this.
  2. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

Zombies don’t plan ahead.

You can.

Make your emergency plan.

Moo-ha-ha-ha! That's catchy :p Who knew that FEMA had a sense of humor?

thanks for posting.

de Ray ..._ ._

3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A good idea, actually.

4. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

K1XS, K2WPM and N6CEK like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

How is the film or the ad related to ham radio?

KQ6XA, K3RW and K3XR like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Are any of these tied into ham radio? If so, which ones:)?

Chip W1YW

KQ6XA likes this.
  7. WW5F

WW5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Lord...

Two things.

1. This is why people are always caught off guard and disasters turn into more human misery than it should in today's day and age.

2. Message: Plan and Practice. If you don't do this, it's your fault, not mine. If you're a ham, this applies. If you're not a ham, it doesn't have anything to do with ham radio.

No matter how much you try to tell people, real emergencies cause many folks to freeze up, some folks will look for a leader and will do what ever that leader says, and a few folks become leaders. It's an evolutionary thing that's built into us and most people don't know about it, they don't expect it, don't believe it and are surprised about it when it happens and if they survive, they either rationalize their excuses and continue to believe what they want to believe and ignore their lying eyes, or they *learn* from it. Those who plan and practice become leaders.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Peace out.

KB1MCT, G3SEA, K2NCC and 3 others like this.
  8. AI5DH

AI5DH Ham Member

What a waste of bandwidth. Pure fiction.

9. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does this suggest that I should stop at the sporting goods store and pick up another can of, ahem, zombie "repellent"? You know, the kind made from brass and lead?

AF4RK likes this.
  10. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

RLD - No, it means you should stop at an ice cream shop/bar on the way to the radio store to treat your self and then go to the radio store to stop and stare in awe at what you wish you had...
    If you think ahead of time you can react when it's time.

K3RLD likes this.
  11. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in 1963 We REAL Hams knew what a ZoMBie wAs !!!! Let me tell yOu the last time I seen a Zombie it asked me for TREE FITTY ! wELL i told that Zombie I said I AINT GOT NO TREE FITTY ! Well the old zombie started tellin a long sad story about it never really wanted to be a ZoMbie !!! Well I knew that was a TALL TALE to get me to give him my TREE FITTY ! wELL I said no way you old zombie !!

12. K2NCC

The time you took to ask the question you could have googled the answer. Or simply clicked the link provided.

Okay, sure, in spite of what appears to be sarcasm or a trolling attempt, I'll do your homework for you.
    (Since "Emergency Power" didn't seem to fit your definition.)

Some of the courses are required for ARES/RACES membership. (example example example)

I recommend Chip that you actually click (and read within) the hyperlinks before commenting further on the subject.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong. This trolling accusation is stupid.

When I get on QRZed news, I (and many others) am (are) looking for ham radio related information. So, what IS that ham radio related info?

Woody Harrelson on a Zombie adverstisement is not a good lead in to ham radio, is it? If so, show us please.

Maybe YOU assume everyone is trolling you, but I am not.

I went to your link and found a gazillion lectures.

So, do you HAVE an answer?

Which one or ones have a direct discussion of the uses of ham radio in this context.

If you don't want to answer, then I personally don't care: it does however, give me a good sense of whether I should engage you in the future-- I've reached the point in my life where I don't need to deal with difiicult people or contentious ones.

Have a pleasant day:)

Chip W1YW

KQ6XA likes this.
  14. K2NCC

Already answered. I have no further interest in hand-holding you through an alternative explanation.

Do you have something to actually contribute to this thread, or just here to complain? (obviously just a rhetorical question)

ND6M likes this.
  15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Great. You are now you are on my 'do not a answer list: no information content.'

Bye!