EMCOMM-bashers can't stand to see this story

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WU8Y, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/us/puerto-rico-maria-ham-radio-operators-trnd/index.html

AC4RD, K1TGX, KK4GGL and 1 other person like this.
  2. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's on cnn, does anyone watch that junk reporting anymore? Good thing you summarized it, sounds like it was over hyped a bit and please give the 'basher' crap
    a rest.

KE0EYJ, N6HCM, W4IOA and 3 others like this.
  3. N4FLF

N4FLF Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking from firsthand experience as a Florida resident, career firefighter and paramedic amateur radio is a invaluable resource in a emergency. I've been in every major hurricane to impact Florida since Andrew frequently stationed at emergency shelters. In several instances amateur radio was the only reliable mode of communication when other systems failed.

N9YB, K6FNI, K1TGX and 4 others like this.
  4. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A very nice story for ham radio.

KK6NOH and WU8Y like this.
  5. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed. Discussing and defending "emcomm" like it's a faith only detracts from the discussion.

6. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting yet ANOTHER article showing that the community of volunteer ham radio communicators who operate independent of commercial infrastructure, are proving to be very helpful.

Well Done & 73 de Ray ..._ ._

K6FNI, K1TGX and WU8Y like this.
  7. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

You're an EMCOMM-basher, and don't deny it.

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, is it 1947 again?

upload_2017-9-27_22-2-49.png

W4IOA likes this.
  9. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

If I bash K0IDT would I be an emcomm basher basher?

I did not see any identifiable emcommbashery going on.

10. W2AI

W2AI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be appropriate for the FCC to again issue station licenses to military installations [Regular and state national guard] as the commission did back in the 1950s and 60s. Allow military personnel trained in radio communications to operate on amateur radio frequencies during an emergency or in the aftermath of such disaster to pass 'health and welfare' traffic when other modes of telecommunications are non-functional.

OH2FFY, K6FNI, K3MCA and 3 others like this.