Embedded microcontrollers

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by N8YX, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

A thread to discuss types, programming and integration with your RF projects. I've recently built a DDS VFO using the BASIC Stamp shown below as the controller; it talks to an AD8951. (The aim was to build an internally mounted replacement for the Drake 7-line PTO but you can use this construct in many applications).

Parallax Website

[​IMG]

2. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been using pic chips and recently built a frequency counter with the 16F628. It's going in the 20m transceiver that I'm currently working on. I'm looking for a good way to generate the 100v at 120 hz for the back light.

3. ZL3GSL

ZL3GSL Ham Member QRZ Page

Investigate the PicAxe chips for a Basic solution considerably cheaper than the Stamp units.

Dou you need 120Hz for the backlight? You should be able to use a PWM output from a PIC feeding a ferrite toroid transformer (perhaps through a logic level power MOSfet for more current) to produce a hundred volts or so at a few tens of kHz. You might find a small PCB mains transformer to run at 120Hz if that's necessary to reduce the RF harmonics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.