Email sent posts are not allowed in the Swapmeet

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KE0TNL, May 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KE0TNL

KE0TNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Since when? I see them all the time and I have posted a couple myself and they've never been erased, or is it staff just started to enforce a rule that existed all along? e-mail sent.jpg

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KE0TNL

Staff just started to enforce a rule that previously existed. I just can't believe all the posts of that nature which never get deleted. Oh well.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

"Email sent" posts have not been allowed for a LONG time. It's not something just "started to be enforced" But the mods can't see everything - if you SEE such a post, please just hit REPORT!

What does "email sent" even mean?

"Do you have one with an orange case?"
    "Has it ever been used mobile? If so I'm not interested"
    "I would like to know if you would trade for my Baofeng"
    "Why are you selling it? I'd never sell a radio like that!"
    "That's a really cool radio - I wish I could buy it but I can't"

It does NOT ncessarily mean "I'll take it" in most cases. Just means "I want to mark my place just in case I decide I might want to buy" and is not considered fair to the seller, since it may not end up with a sale and in fact turn others away

"Email Sent" can mean just about anything. Just send the email and await a response. Probably better than 75% of all "Email Sent" posts do not result in an actual sale.

And any REAL buyers look at the thread, see "email sent" and just figure they are no longer first in line and move on. Meantime, the seller is replying to an "email sent" to explain it doesn't come in an orange case, and now he's lost the SECOND guy to come along who moved along after seeing "email sent" as a post.

If you see an "email sent" post, just hit "report" and one of the numerous Swap Meet moderators will delete it.

It's not a new rule at all.

Dave
    W7UUU

G0JUR, W3ESE, N3AB and 1 other person like this.
  5. KE0TNL

:rolleyes::D:cool:
    No problemo!!! I just used "e-mail sent" as the past tense version of "sending an e-mail". I appreciate the info.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hopefully, If a email was sent they got it. :)

A QRZ private conversation is a good tool also.

KE0TNL likes this.
  7. KE0TNL

Did both, but apparently the seller didn't want my money. :-( Guess somebody else will get my cash.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Remember that sellers are under NO obligation to "sell to the first one who replies" - the can sell to the last, the first, the one who writes the best response, the one with the closest shipping address, and anywhere in between. It's entirely their call who makes the most sense to them to sell to.

Another reason why "email sent" doesn't always mean "Sold"

Dave
    W7UUU

W3ESE likes this.
  9. KE0TNL

Yup, that's the nature of the beast.

W7UUU likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a computer from you years ago. Was I your last resort :(? Or did you trust me, Not to be a parts swapper ?

I still have it here working just fine 24/7. Win 7 pro still rocks just fine.

I did have to swap a few parts over the years. (Battery and PS). :D

One rule that would be nice, A seller should not post a paypal address, Then many people will not send money, Thinking they will get it.

A refund can be a unneeded pain. More so if it is a friend or family. o_O