Elusive K4

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by ON6KE, Aug 13, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. ON6KE

ON6KE Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Delays aren't always a bad thing when it comes to new products. Often, the extra time allows the product to be improved.

N3AWS likes this.
  3. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Translated to what they really mean in my opinion, shared by no ham:

First shipment targeted for when a vaccine is available for Corona virus.

Although we have been saying this for 18 months we are trying to assess the market ability to pay the highest price possible thus we will wait to provide you with the final price of the Elecraft K4, K4D or K4HD. We anticipate that the highest price tier for the K4 and K4D listed on the pre-order form to be within 25% of the sales prices.

If you wish to help us accelerate our production ramp-up and ship earlier, in addition to regular K4 orders which will be billed at shipment, we also have four refundable deposit levels on the pre-order page. (We greatly appreciate your deposits. They really help us buy more stock in the stock market. For every $1000 you loaned (gave) us that we invested in Apple we made $500 more. We will ship after we have worn out all your patience.

Note: most companies that need money for production either do an IPO or sell bonds, but Flex and Elecraft have found a source of suckers.

EI2JC, K3EY, W6UV and 6 others like this.
  4. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Each radio comes with a complimentary bottle of Dr. Feelgood elixir.

K0UO, W4NNF and PU2OZT like this.
  5. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So don't buy a K4.

Looking at your posts, Burt, it's clear that your expectations cannot be met by any rigmaker. No matter what they do, you have a gripe. The price is too high, it doesn't have a particular feature, you need an adequate power supply to power it, it takes more than 5 seconds to boot up, you have to wait for it, and much more.

Why?

"He had a hat".

KG5XR, KA4DPO, AB8MA and 4 others like this.
  6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've logged many K4's already.

Started logging them back in 1965 as a Novice.

Oh, you meant a radio?:p:)

KA4DPO, N3AWS, K0UO and 3 others like this.
  7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy a K4, Burt.

K1OIK likes this.
  8. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought K4 was an air base in South Korea?

N3AWS and K0UO like this.
  9. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

It's another way to develop the idea of elitism by building up the idea that their product is so valuable because one was to wait. Same idea as the lotw process and many other products (new model vehicles to mind).
    It makes people clamor over things that have temporal value. The current media actions over the covid epidemic is the same. All designed to create such an interest that one must be updated daily and even hourly to live. Not saying it isn't important or it's not killing people, but it's really designed to create an emotional response.

N1VAU, KA4DPO, PU2OZT and 1 other person like this.
  10. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have put my order in a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.