ad: Schulman-1

Elizabeth Ann Wilson K4GHT

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KA4KOE, Oct 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Elizabeth Ann Wilson, born Oct 10 1953 in Owosso MI to Manley & Edna Wilson, went to be with her Savior peacefully on Sept 29, 2018. She is survived by the love of her life Sara McCarty, brothers Ron (Diann) and Jim (Linda) and many family and friends.

Liz served in the Navy in the 70’s as a P-3 Avionics Tech and aircrew at NAS Jax. She then worked for Grumman/Lockheed as a Spacecraft Operator working with NASA to configure Space Shuttle Orbiters.

She returned to Jacksonville to start her own company Cell-Tel International, where for 26 years she managed record growth designing and building mobile wireless phone products for military and government clients
    including Department of Defense. Her entrepreneurial spirit led her to become an accomplished aerobatic pilot.

She organized the Extra Experience formation flight team that flew airshows and gave passengers the thrill of a lifetime. Liz also launched a successful catering company, Tin Lizzies. She was a licensed Ham radio operator, nationally known vintage radio restoration expert, electronics/wireless genius and WWII memorabilia collector.

A funeral service to celebrate her incredible life will be held on her 65th birthday Oct 10 at 4:00 PM at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 4129 Oxford Ave, Jacksonville 32210.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Community Hospice or to St. Marks Episcopal Church. 42795612_10216272530984521_3757482796382158848_o.jpg

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

3. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

It was an Honor having her call me a friend,neighbor,& fellow Ham Operator.Liz was one of a kind & an Awesome Technician.I miss hearing her daily on the local repeater or having her call me on the phone.I can see her smile & I could listen to her talk about radios all day long.She was a wealth of information about radios but she Rarely talked about herself.I remember a few months before she passed away when her,another local ham Warren-AB4GE,& I were riding to & from South Carolina together on a Road Trip & I will long remember it.I miss her every single day but know that that wicked cancer no longer has a hold of her.I can't imagine even having it once & she had it Four times in her lifetime yet she fought & did not complain.I learned a lot about living & being a better person from watching & listening to her.She left those of us who knew her a lot of great memories so they keep her alive in our hearts & minds.The World & Amateur Radio could sure use a lot more like Elizabeth Wilson-K4GHT.Rest In Peace my Friend & like we agreed,I will See You Later so keep your eyes open because I am coming to see you & so many others.JESUS IS LORD!

Clayton
    W4KVW