eliminate possibility of a jj00 grid locator from a user profile

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by M6ENP, Jul 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. M6ENP

M6ENP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

would it be possible,at least with all new sign ups to qrz.com to make it impossible not to physically put your grid square locator in when setting up your account initially, there is a map check facility there,

i myself have close to 300 qsos designated as jj00, admittedly some are now confirmed via my lotw uploads but surely in this day and age,even a email in proof of license for new sign ups to become a verified qrz page holder
    (think EQSL AG status), without such no qrz membership

and for those current jj00 work backwards from the present,of those that are active and subscribe to a membership level make a rule of no valid grid square equals suspended account until email in proof of address
    is recieved, draconian yes i agree, but i know i have no contacts in the middle of the ocean, i myself informed a stateside station 2 nights ago that his grid square was not showing in WSJT after a FT8 qso

this would give everyone a bonus of being correctly credit for all are hard efforts in our hobby

not to blow my own trumpet but in the last 48 hours i have worked in excess of 75+ us stations on 30m,not beamed in the direction of the usa if i can do this,surely QRZ can sort out the jj00 problem ??