ad: dxeng

SOLD Elecraft KPA-1500

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K2CB, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K2CB

K2CB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Elecraft KPA-1500 legal limit amplifier

I am assisting my close friend N2II and listing this item for him. He just received this brand new from Elecraft not even 24 hours ago.

We moved his Acom 2000A off the desk and placed the KPA-1500 in its place. He is a full time VOX operator, and there are two things he can't stand - fan noise and relay noise. He moved on and decided to try the KPA-1500 instead. Not even out of the box for 24 hours yet, he is finding the fan noise too objectionable for his operating style.

He ordered the Electraft after trying a SPE 2K. I wont get into the shortcomings he found with the SPE 2K, which also went back in less than three days. At this time, he is going to revert back to the trusty old Acom 2000A.

While to me it isn't all that bad (no worse than my Alpha 9500), it is definitely louder than our Acom 2000A amps. So either it goes back to Elecraft and he absorbs the re-stocking fee, or someone here can have the amp for a discount, and not have to wait in line for a shipment from Elecraft.

$5800 shipped. Save 5% (they are ~$6100 shipped) and any potential tax liability.

Due to the high fees which would be incurred, NO PayPal. Bank check only. Personal check will delay shipment for clearing time. Discount for cash pickup. If you are seriously interested, please call or email direct. My contact info is below, as in all my postings.

Eric
    K2CB
    k2cb@comcast.net
    609-713-3742

PS - The LP-500 is not included, nor is it for sale.

kpa-1500 qrz.jpg

K6JJR, WN2C, AC2NT and 1 other person like this.
  2. K2CB

K2CB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The KPA-1500 amplifier has been sold.

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.