Elecraft K4

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6RZ, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're 59. Good luck in the contest.:)

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Not relevant?
    It has its place in the right discussion.
    OTOH: ICAO, CEPT and AEEC are of no interest to amateur radio IMD testing and standards that I am aware of; maybe you can educate me.

I dont bother to attempt to impress anyone with my acronyms list as it has no bearing on the discussion.

I am NOT the obvious expert regarding everything HF and I resent your insulting accusation as a way to exit the discussion as some seem to do when they realize they are on the losing end and fading fast.....They are easily identified by who they give a LIKE to as if that restores their ability to get it right the next time.

I do have 64 years as a ham and with a lot of those years in a military and civilian RF related professional capacity where experience and results count and BS/incompetence gets you the boot out the door or sidelined to a dead end job for 30-40 years.

Frequencies used range from ELF to well above 300 Ghz from tech to senior engineering level/group leader in areas that require a Top Secret Crypto clearance which I initially obtained in 1962 and have had it continued/renewed as needed until retiring.
    Ham radio is a hobby and a way to relax including giving back to those who ask for help or answers on various forums. I am not in it for a popularity contest and realize that pure jealousy is what drives most detractors/haters.....no loss there for sure.

Personally I have designed and built equipment for my own uses from LF to Millimeter Waves.

Carl

W2AI likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If the endless bickering and hitting the "report" button when someone "bickers back" doesn't end, this thread will be closed.

I'm totally against "heavy-handed moderation" - but this thread has had far too many "reports" and it's really getting old.

Please - tone it down - keep it technical - stop the endless personal attacks and cross-attacks.

It would be greatly appreciated - just getting tired of fielding the "reports" from this thread.... who knew that a discussion of a new radio would become so toxic?

Outside of that stuff, it's been an interesting thread.

Thanks!! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N3AWS, KC2XU, VK4HAT and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.