Elecraft K4

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6RZ, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Boy I sure wish I knew what you guys know.:eek: When I hear a weak signal on an HF band I turn my linear amplifier on to be able to hear them better.;)

KJ4VTH, KA4DPO and N2EY like this.
  2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ha, ha, that only works on CB.:D

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha! Turned up the volume on my PC and this thread still doesn't make any sense! :p

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

No surprises there, you need a decoder ring or someone to read explanations to you. Folks dont always pass the ham exams the first time either.

5. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

That make me remember back in the day if you didn't pass the code exam you didn't get to take the written and you had to wait 30 days to try again. No credit for either of them, all or nothing!
    I had a friend now sk that struggled to get his general from technician. He took it 7 or 8 times to pass both at once but he finally did. It was all I could do to keep him going to try again!!
    he sure had fun once he did and spent a lot of time on 40 meters with old Heathkit gear mostly.

KM1H likes this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

YOU are a good friend, indeed. If he never thanked you, please allow me to: Thank you!

K7MH likes this.
  7. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Given the "TX SMPL IN" BNC port, I suppose the K4 is implementing "pre-distortion" similar to the Anan product. Nice.

k4-back-product_530x@2x.jpg

The K4 could utilize the "transmit sample" RF output ports found on the Elecraft KPA1500 and Palstar LA-1K amplifiers. I didn't see such a port on the KPA500.

I'm sure around 50-dB attenuated RF taps could be devised for other amps as well.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    N3AWS likes this.
  8. W3KHG

W3KHG Ham Member QRZ Page

SHOCKER

KM1H likes this.
  9. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The KX2 is a different animal, in that regard. Too small, really.

10. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Type 7 has no exposed high voltage in normal use. However, a significant shock hazard can exist if proper precautions are not taken.

N2SR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.