Elecraft K4

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6RZ, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

N4FZ likes this.
  2. K1SZO

Considering the IC-7610 is at the $3k range and we are talking about an Elecraft product. (even though they will likely be very comparable) It will probably be closer to $4k-$5k You have to include the Elecraft Tax.

K0UO, N4FZ and WU8Y like this.
  3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm thinking "6 - 8" including the proposed VHF- UHF module. ;)

K1SZO likes this.
  4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd guess 3K isn't going to cover more than half of the fare. ;)

Nothing wrong with that, but remember how many hams were incensed about the IC 7610's "high price."

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

It’s going to have to be much better than anything else on the market to convince K3S owners to upgrade.

N4FZ, K8AI and K1TGX like this.
  6. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to their website and add to your cart a K3S, a P3, and everything else you need to be able to do the same thing you see in the K4, but with existing products for sale.

Then add 50%.

At some point, the number you get will be the sale price of the radio. :D

7. K1SZO

To be up front. I'm an Elecraft owner. (KX3 and I love the QRP radio)

That said, those with the money who believe Elecraft is tip top of the line will likely upgrade just to upgrade.

I love Elecraft too, though I went Flex 6400 for the best bang for the buck when I needed a remote radio. (was living in an apartment) When I was ready for a radio for my shack. (bought a home) I went IC-7610 because it matches the K3S + panadatper for basically almost half the price.

If they were close, I likely would have owned a K3S + Panadapter. Now that I have the IC-7610. I'm extremely happy with the radio and would not trade it for the Elecraft K3S. Though that K4 looks very similar, but it will likely have to be twice the radio of the IC-7610 for me to even think about it since as stated above in someone's response to my post. It's likely going to cost $5-$6k or more USD.

Yeah, I will stick with the IC-7610. It's more than enough radio for me.

K4AGO, K0UO and N5PAR like this.
  8. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Was hoping it would be a kit.

9. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The post was deleted from the FlexRadio site too. Somebody jumped the gun.

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It will be interesting to see if the panadapter is a smooth real-time panadapter like the IC-7300, or if it's a clunky low-frame-rate hack like the P3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.