Elecraft K4 shipping?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2PLK, Jan 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like a plan. But when will that be?

Putting down hard cash on a price and delivery TBD sounds a little risky to me.

I'm sure Elecraft didn't think it would take this long...the pandemic probably impacted them. But the fact remains that quite a few hams have placed their money down quite some time ago.

K0UO likes this.
  2. W5IEI

W5IEI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This !!!
    If they're having this much trouble,why don't they offer up refunds,along with a detailed explanation ?
    Because they've already spent it all.
    I'll bet none of their management has missed a paycheck.

3. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah yes, the poor down trodden ham whining because he has to wait and wait to add another $5K super-rig to the lineup on his bench.

WZ7U and WD8T like this.
  4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

They have and still do offer a full refund to anyone who asks. And they have offered a detailed explanation of the delay. All well documented on the Elecraft reflector.
    Interestingly, I believe no one, not one person, has asked for a refund which should put your mind at rest.

N0TZU likes this.
  5. W4KX

W4KX Ham Member QRZ Page

I do know of quite a few folks who asked and received refunds. I was tempted, but frankly I want the CW performance of the K4!

K0UO, W4LJ and K1VSK like this.
  6. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m still waiting to see what the consensus will be in terms of performance going from the K3s to the K4.

7. KJ4CC

KJ4CC Ham Member QRZ Page

They are starting to be delivered, looking forward to getting mine

8. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

With any radio, it's the journey not the destination, especially true with Elecraft.

9. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Got tired of waiting and picked up an FTdx10 for now. If I bought two I would have two independent receivers like a K4 or my Orion II, etc. and still be money ahead.
    I will also say that the Rx on the 10 is the best receiver I ever sat in front of - and in decades of contesting I have had the pleasure of sitting in front of some exceptional receivers.

KD7LX and K0UO like this.
  10. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not go with Ten Tec?:)

NL7W, W5IEI, K0UO and 1 other person like this.