Elecraft K4 delivery

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K1OIK, Jan 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

From Elecraft:

To all who have ordered a K4:

Our engineering and production teams have been hard at work these last months getting the K4 finished and ready for production. While engineering always takes longer than expected, we have also encountered longer than expected lead times on several key components. Needless to say, our manufacturing team is working hard with our suppliers to pull in the schedule for these long lead time parts. We've been successful getting a number of these lead times down and we are continuing to push hard on the remaining few items.

At this point, our current target for first production K4 shipments is April-May. We are working hard to get this pulled in and we'll post regular updates as we progress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Am I wrong but isn't the sentence in bold illogical?

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems logical to me. First run expected to ship April or May. What are you reading into this?

N2EY likes this.
  3. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

sentence not fragment.

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

SP5CKI, N2EY and K1OIK like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

See, now you're grasping straws. How is that first italicized stuff an illogical statement?

NL7W likes this.
  6. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If they said, "We expect it to take longer than expected", then that would be logically suspect.

But that's not what they said. At least, not exactly.

I work in software development. I understood what they meant.

NL7W and K0UO like this.
  7. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HI BURT,

AFTER READING THE FOLLOWING, I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE NOT A HAPPY CAMPER:

K4 PRE-ORDER.jpg

BURT, LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE,

AT LEAST THEY DID NOT START OFF THAT DELAY NOTIFICATION WITH " ONCE UPON A TIME"

OR

END IT WITH AND "THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER"

BURT, HANG IN THERE AND DON'T LET THE SOB'S GET YOU DOWN.

73 CARMEN.jpg

K1OIK likes this.
  8. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Haters gotta find something to hate. That is what this thread is. Cant fault Elecrafts communication so pick on their grammar.

NK2U, N0TZU and WW2PT like this.
  9. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've been patiently waiting to see how this rig stacks up. I'm thinking of buying one but want to see what the reports are first. I will wait a bit longer it seems. No problem.

................Bob

KU5Q and NL7W like this.
  10. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

It “takes all kinds”. We have more than our share of them here

VK4HAT likes this.