ad: MarlFlea-1

Elecraft AF1 audio filter

Discussion in 'Microphones, Speakers & Audio Processing' started by AA4OO, Jan 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA4OO

AA4OO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did a search in this forum for Elecraft's AF1 audio filter and didn't see any posts, so... If you love the operation of your radio but aren't loving the output sound through your headphones I'd suggest trying the Elecraft AF1

Case in point... I enjoy operating my Elecraft KX3 but have never been happy with the harmonic noise present in it's output, especially when working CW. The KX3 has a number of built-in audio processing options including a 6 band EQ but it doesn't seem to clean up the low end noise or ringing when the CW peaking filter is engaged.

The AF1 has a low pass and bandpass with two levels of filtering that cleans it up to the point that it's pleasurable to use for long sessions of CW

[​IMG]

It's also great for using with old rigs that have less than stellar bandpass filtering...

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page