El Cajon Amateur Radio Club alive and healing despite claims to the contrary

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K6BSO, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6BSO

K6BSO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, Eddie, considering how close the vote to oust the president was--one vote--I would most certainly call it "massive internal division." And if we're going to talk about a sense of decency, well, just take a look at the tactics used by the president's opponents--attacking the president's family, for instance. Paying a lapsed member's dues so she could come to a meeting to vote.

I'm not even taking a stand on whether Mr. Rios deserved to be removed from office here. Perhaps he did. My concern is totally related to the way it was accomplished. I no longer wish to be associated with a group of people who will use those kinds of methods. If that bothers you, well, that's just too bad.

Have fun with your little club, my friend. I will have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2010
  2. AB9TM

AB9TM Ham Member QRZ Page

Carl, I guess we will have to disagree on this.

I really believe the club, even as we knew it, will rise as The Phoenix, and be the club it once was, and even better.

Yes, it will take some hard work by all the members, but I have known many of the members for quite a number of years. I have the faith.

3. K6BSO

I think you're going to find it a lot harder than you expect. I'm not the only person who intends to let his membership lapse; many people who have been part of the club for much longer than I have will be leaving as well.

I wish you luck, but you should probably lessen your expectations of a phoenix-like rise.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  4. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have known people in the club going back to a high school classmate who attended meetings until the day he enlisted in the coast guard.

I know a lot of things about the local Ham Radio communities, have for decades.
    I just keep my mouth shut and watch.

Oh and one or two more things.....
    Organizations have checks and balances in place in the event the organization heads off in a direction it's not suppose to.

And wait there is More........

Had I been living closer to where Y'all meet I would have joined the club 20 years ago.
    I can't drive and transportation is hard to arrange at night.
    And it's just a little too far to walk.:cool:

Have a nice day.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  5. WA4TM

WA4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

...IB4TL...

6. K6BSO

Sue, your post did nothing but demonstrate your ignorance of the situation at the ARCEC. Not only were the methods used to remove Paul Rios not the "normal checks and balances", they were not even in accordance with the club's own bylaws.

I'm sorry, but you really have no reason to be posting in this thread.

7. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

IB4LT-Walt

8. AF6LJ

Yes Carl anything You say.

:p

Sarcasm Yah Right.

9. AF6LJ

It's really sad some people have to take their hard feelings and spread them all over the place and then try and pass it off as sarcasm.
    I have been reading the backpedaling elsewhere.

10. K6BSO

Please post a link to this so-called backpedaling, Sue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.