Eham.net Moderation Of Reviews

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by AJ4UY, Feb 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. AJ4UY

AJ4UY Ham Member QRZ Page

Eham.net Website Reviews.

I have just experienced a rejection or non reply to a Equipment Review which I submitted to the Review Pages Of The Eham.net website.
    My review was not added.
    This I do not comprehende. My website donations are up to date on this webpage.

Have you experienced the similar from this Eham.net website or others (?)

AJ4UY

K0UO likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You do know this is QRZ and not eHam.com, right?

You're far more likely to get a response there regarding their policies than at QRZ.com

I'm sure they have a "community help" sort of forum for asking them about their policies... most forum sites have such

Dave
    W7UUU

AE8W, K0UO, AJ4UY and 2 others like this.
  3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What Dave said...

Once upon a time, I used to post there and hang out but their uneven moderation and allowance of "screen names" eventually made me quit. Haven't been back in years.

K0UO, AJ4UY and (deleted member) like this.
  4. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ever since I found faked reviews on equipment I stopped reading eHam.

eHam told me how it was faked, but had no response to how they would prevent it in the future.

I contacted the operators listed as the author of the review, to see if they could help, the product was not working for me at all. They had posted 5 star reviews, of course, so I figured I was the problem.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    N6XJP, K0UO, AJ4UY and 1 other person like this.
  5. AJ4WC

AJ4WC Ham Member QRZ Page

Years ago, they took down my review of the AL-80B because I said it wasn’t ideal for MARS because the input coils had to be retuned for out-of-band frequencies, which then made it not work on ham bands.

I thought potential buyers should know that, especially when the Ameritech website was claiming it was great for MARS.

K0UO likes this.
  6. KE5WCT

KE5WCT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been trying to log onto the site for a week now and have emailed them at info@eham.net and the email bounces as undeliverable. anyone know what is going on??

K0UO likes this.
  7. KE5WCT

KE5WCT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

they do but you cannot log on to be able to get into the forum or their 'contact us' portal

K0UO likes this.
  8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

NO eham here any more.

Don't believe all the reviews and advice on eham.
    Fake News/Reviews on it

73 from,
    The K0UO " Rhombic Antenna Farm" 2 miles of wire in the Air & On the daily

WD4DXQ and (deleted member) like this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Login works fine for me. Just tried it.

10. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I log into eham every day to read some of the postings. Many of the hams on QRZ also post on eham. Occasionally, I post. But I don't bother with anything other than the forums. The overall site is a little clumsy, but I have found a way around that. I found a quick and easy way to display the forums only and nothing else. In the end, it's just another ham site. A ad blocker really helps clean up the site.

There have been some complaints on eham about bounced email or no response. However, recently N2MG (one of the eham admins) responded that he receives email at "webmaster@eham.net". You may want to try that address.

eham is fairly strict about it's equipment reviews. They want the review to be strictly about the equipment. Nothing more. If you try to talk about the manufacturer or customer service, the review will be rejected. And, it makes no difference whether you donate or not. You can argue about this all day, but it's their site and their rules. I just ignore everything but the forums.