editing our ads

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KJ7BBS, Dec 1, 2019 at 5:38 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ7BBS

KJ7BBS Ham Member QRZ Page

when I posted the ads there was an edit button but has disappeared . any reason for this?

2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe you're limited to 30min for editing a post. If you need to change something, just reply with any additions/corrections.

Reason for this (I am guessing here) would be to prevent someone selling something in one condition ("Mint!") and changing the ad post sale to something else ("Basket case, as is") after shipping the latter. :D

W7UUU likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes - the "edit window" is 30 minutes

Just hit "reply" and add the additional content you missed.

@KV6O is spot on: if ads (or posts in general) could be edited long into the future, all sorts of crazy revisionism would happen. It would be a MESS.

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KJ7BBS

KJ7BBS Ham Member QRZ Page

that's pretty wild that someone would even think of doing something like that

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You'd be surprised what folks might do if given a chance.

Regardless, it's a site rule and not subject to change.

Dave
    W7UUU

N1VAU, AJ4GQ and N3AB like this.
  6. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

After the 30 minutes, how do you go about changing a "For Sale" post to "Sold"?

7. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Swapmeet Rules - rev. July 2019

7.0 - Editing Listings

1. Listings may be edited for 30 minutes after the initial posting. After that, listings may be appended by the seller making a REPLY to the listing thread.
    8.0 - Marking Items SOLD or Canceled
    1. Use a REPLY posting to indicate that your item is SOLD. Our moderators will see your reply and update the category of your listing accordingly.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 4:08 PM
    W9HJ likes this.