Echolink

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by ZS4SPY, May 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. ZS4SPY

ZS4SPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Good day to all.

Trust all well and in good health, hope anyone can assist please with the timeout problem:

I can connect to a repeater and listen for hours no timeout but when I start talking to a station it continues timeout I use windows 10 Echolink ver 2.0.908

I have used Echolink for years without any problems but only resonantly experienced this problem tried all types of settings no success please help

Best 73's
    Pieter
    ZS4SPY

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Timeout, As in you get disconnected then have to reconnect ?

Or transmit timeout ? Transmit time limit.

upload_2020-5-15_16-41-47.png

3. ZS4SPY

When I connect with the station just listening it disconnect without no reason I can talk to a station and in the middle of the QSO just disconnect

4. ZS4SPY

All timers set to 0 settings is correct even set all parameters same as other station still do the same

5. KA9JLM

The only time that I have seen that happen, Was because of a loss of internet connection.

Some Echolink Proxy servers do have a time limit set.

# Set the ConnectionTimeout to something besides 0 if you want the proxy
    # to "pull the plug" on a client that has been using the proxy for more
    # than n minutes, regardless of whether an EchoLink connection is active.
    ConnectionTimeout=0

6. ZS4SPY

Thanks it is a slep for I sit in Mozambique and because I'm a forener cant get a contract for ISP must use prepaid so Proxy all the way LOL ok let me see what I can do thanks for the info

Best 73's
    Pieter

7. ZS4SPY

Good day to all

Trust all well, I have change ISP and problem solved thanks to all for the help.

Is there anyone who can assist I want to change my C88SPY call sign email address on echolink page there was a lot of confusion regarding this in the past and could not get it validated, Also the ITU prefixes is not up to date C8 is not included in some software applications, but it reflects on the latest approved ITU prefixes list.

8. KA9JLM

Here is a link where you can go to change call signs.

http://www.echolink.org/validation/

Here is the support page.

http://www.echolink.org/support.htm

Good Luck.