Echolink wont connect after Fiber Optics installation

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by N6HBJ, Jun 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N6HBJ

N6HBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello.

My cable company switched to fiber optics and installed it in my home including a new modem. Ever since then, my Echolink cannot connect to anyone including the test server. We have bypassed my router as well as disabling Windows firewall to no avail. My cable company told me there are no ports in their modem.

I have no clue what to do next.

Mike N6HBJ

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You have to forward the ports in their router not the modem.

Do you know the model number ?

Is it AT&T ?

3. N6HBJ

I have my own router which has been set correctly. They did not add an additional router. They switched their old modem for a new one. From there it goes to something called an optical node and then to the outside...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  4. KA9JLM

What is the make and model number ?

5. N6HBJ

Their modem is a Calix GigaPoint 810G. Model no. is 100-04253 10
    The optical node is a MACOM MX700-4AC

My old router is a Linksys and has been working fine for years.

6. KA9JLM

• On your local PC, open a browser window and enter the IP address of the GigaPoint's management interface:
        http://192.168.1.1
      • Enter the default login credentials to gain access to the EWI:
        Login: admin

password: admin
    Embedded Web Interface
    The Embedded Web Interface (EWI) is available for viewing and managing GigaFamily devices through your personal computers browser. The EWI allows you to login into any Home Gateway connected GigaFamily device using its IP Address and the appropriate login credentials. Once connected, management of the device can be executed from your desktop.

In the following pages, a high level overview of the EWI is presented. Links are also provided that will allow you to drill more deeply into each item with specific field definitions for all displayed options.

The Home Gateway partition of GigaFamily devices is managed through the Embedded Web Interface (EWI) and includes the following deployment options presented as menu items in the top navigation bar:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  7. N6HBJ

Here is a picture of it. I'm not very computer savvy. Not sure what to do now.

Attached Files:

8. KA9JLM

So it is 801, Not 810

1. On your local PC, open a browser window and enter the IP address of the GigaPoint's management interface:

2. Enter the default login credentials to gain access to the EWI:

1. On your local PC, open a browser window and enter the IP address of the GigaPoint's management interface:

2. Enter the default login credentials to gain access to the EWI:

9. N6HBJ

That's the same IP address as my Linksys router so it defaults to that. I tried the "admin" log in password to see if it would log me in the other device but no luck. I wonder if I need to bypass my router temporarily?

10. KA9JLM

I would try that.

Two devices with the same IP on the same network will not work very well.