ad: portazero-1

Echolink.....Validation?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M6YWY, Sep 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. M6YWY

M6YWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know if Echolink QTH is in the U.K?

They have twice refused to validate my request to join citing "my information isn't adequate" yet it's exactly what they have requested. On my second request which I detailed my information (Picture of my license and downloaded version from Ofcom in the form of a PDF) I was sent a very aggressive and insulting response totally unbecoming of any HAM Operator, the e-mail had no name attached, it was just marked "Echolink Team".

My Foundation Certificate doesn't display my call sign, the only thing I can download from Ofcom is my Operator Status consisting of My Name, Call Sign, Date of pass etc. Clearly Echolink are not aware of the limitations Foundation operators have access to regarding there downloadable info m, at least in the U.K.

For me to join the nets I'm ascoirated with through Club and Group Memberships I need Echolink as I get dead air most days unless I stay up for the grey line which only yields overseas stations running a lot of power.

HAM is a much needed outlet for me, being disabled it's a lifeline.

Although I am also on DMR there are no nets currently operating that medium so without Echolink I'm pretty much stumped.

I feel it right I contact them directly, not just detailing a member of there "Team" is totally unhelpful, aggressive but also how he/she is sullying the helpful, polite and generally all round nice people attitude operators have in to disrepute.

I will of course include the transcript of me messages to the Echolink Management, in the meantime I'll keep on searching for a direct contact, unless anyone has something I can go on?

Thanks

M6YWY

2. MW6ZAN

MW6ZAN Ham Member QRZ Page

M6ywy i dont understand your problem i have been licenced since july 2012 under my foundation licence of mw6zan and i have had no problem joining echolink you need to send a photo good quality of your licence showing in detail the info that the echolink lads need, im sure if you re apply there wont be a problem. 73

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

EchoLink is U.S. based. There is an active EchoLink discussion group on Yahoogroups that you might try for guidance - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/echolink/info That was historically the route to go with help requests.

As I understand it, there is a group of volunteers who manage the EchoLink memberships. This sounds like a misunderstanding, though I can't imagine that they don't know the situation with UK Foundation licensees, as so many are members.

4. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a helpful tip: Its not HAM, its hAm.

KK4GGL likes this.
  5. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it's availae at your local butchershop, delicatessen or supermarket.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

NOT funny. Get it right, or don't post at all.

7. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

All professional amatuer radio operators know its hAm. If you prefer to play in the lower leagues thats your business.

Also: you aint the boss of me.